Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long should I wait? I cant handle it no more...

Where are you seeing PCIE only ? I think that's old information.

Note that 6xx/7xx support was merged into master for both radeon and radeonhd since the last time anyone posted about this, so you should be building the DDX driver from master now.

Only drm needs to come from a special branch; either the 6xx/7xx branch of mesa/drm or (preferably) airlied's drm-next branch (staging area for 2.6.30).

Quote Originally Posted by jscurtu View Post
    Now I dont want this card anymore cause I actually do work on my LinuxPC and with Linux only.. Can someone perhabs tell me a good supported non-nvidia AGP card for Linux? That would be great, thanks...
    If 3d-performance is not so important: Any Radeon < X2*** realy. They all should work with good 2d acceleration, Compositing and Xv out-of-the-box with most current distros. I hear the 9**** and X8** are the best supported (around long enough to be well supported and not old enough to be too slow) and you should be able to get one for a few bucks used somewhere.

I'd go for an R500 Chip (i.e. the X1x00 ones). They are well supported by the OSS drivers today, but still provide a relative good 3D performance.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post

Note that 6xx/7xx support was merged into master for both radeon and radeonhd since the last time anyone posted about this, so you should be building the DDX driver from master now.

Only drm needs to come from a special branch; either the 6xx/7xx branch of mesa/drm or (preferably) airlied's drm-next branch (staging area for 2.6.30).
    Yeah, it could of been old info...
    I know about 6xx/7xx support merged into master and I read about it..
    I went after this http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Ar6xx_r7xx_branch
    Just with ubuntu specific paths...

For right now, a friend gave me an ATI Radeon 9000... It works like a charm (for its age) ..
    I will use this card until my HD3650 is better supported by RadeonHD/Radeon or even fglrx ...

Thank anyways for the help..

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post

Yeah, it could of been old info...
    I know about 6xx/7xx support merged into master and I read about it..
    I went after this http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd%3Ar6xx_r7xx_branch
    Just with ubuntu specific paths...

For right now, a friend gave me an ATI Radeon 9000... It works like a charm (for its age) ..
    I will use this card until my HD3650 is better supported by RadeonHD/Radeon or even fglrx ...

Thank anyways for the help..