Thread: Jumpman

Default Jumpman

Sounds like the developer of the retrogame platformer Jumpman is interested in making a linux port, but is running into some problems. Anyone feel like helping out?

[...] I’m still trying to find a way to actually create a linux build…
    http://runhello.com/#comment-67517

The game does work in Wine, but having it native would be awesome.

Well making a build is not that difficult... he just has to say "why" he can't make a build. We can't read minds... at last that's not in my course program so far :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Well making a build is not that difficult... he just has to say "why" he can't make a build. We can't read minds... at last that's not in my course program so far :P
    I'm suspecting he's not knowing where to start. On Windows and MacOS, the dev tools include IDEs and project builders- it's not a foregone conclusion he's familiar enough with the tools on Linux to go with something like Eclipse, CodeBlocks, or Source Navigator to have the same sort of functionality.

KDevelop should be able to create a build environment as far as I know. That said I only use it with projects I made the makefiles myself ( or better SCons ). Granted autotools is a beast. With SCons he should be better off as it is Python driven and so is more familiar for a coder than autotools.

Old news, but the game has been ported now.

http://runhello.com/#comment-74730