Quote Originally Posted by elanthis View Post
The state trackers are pretty flexible. In OpenGL, for example, you have a drawing context. You don't say "draw a red triangle here," but instead you say, "set the drawing color to red; now add these three coordinates; now connect the coordinates I gave you to render a triangle." The state tracker tracks the 'state' of the OpenGL context and eventually generates real drawing commands. Cairo uses a similar context-based drawing API, and hence can be accelerated in a very similar fashion. The Cairo state tracker would simply be tracking 2D-only state and be doing some tesselation to generate triangle-based rendering commands for the hardware, but otherwise is really the same as the OpenGL state tracker in general. EXA works less with contexts and more with complete drawing commands (very simplistic ones), so the EXA state tracker would be even simpler -- it would just translate EXA commands into Gallium commands without actually even needing to track much state.
Does Gallium/Mesa have the "WGL" style limitation of a single OpenGL context, or can I open multiple contexts? If I have multiple cards, can I open multiple OpenGL contexts per card?

Frank