Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Dropping R300-R500 Support In Catalyst Driver

5700 is a hd3650 (with slower ram) if wikipedia has to believed so the driver should work just fine even without listing the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterthomson View Post
    What crap.
    I have not even receved my brand new HP elitebook 8530w Moble Workstation with a ATI Mobility FireGL v5700.
    It will be here is two day's.

And AMD tells me they will not suport the GPU

That is some crazy bull if you ask me!
    Someone should start a DDOS on there Web site
    At lest zap a good chunk of there bandwidth. Or something.
    Where dose the CEO live ?
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you make my day dude!

please first test then cry *G*

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you make my day dude!

please first test then cry *G*
    He's right, though. Time for the action. Enough of waiting for empty promises. I propose to nuke them. Or put salt in their coffe. Or something.

Ya, but on second thought. It mite be rather hard to overwhelm a CPU manufacturers servers. I'd think they have the best of the best of everything.

Eventhough I am not effected in a bad way, I do think that action "is" the only way to get attention. I am a proactive kind of guy. I also think that 2007 hardware is not old. I meen it is only 5/09 and I think computers should last at lest 3years. Also, a lot of times I get computers with last year hardware to save big $$ and I am sure this is common practice. If true, that would meen a lot of poeple that got computer's just last year are now left in the cold.

I am also vary happy that ATI has Open Source drivers. However, I don't think ATI should use them as some second horse to dump the work they don't feel like doing.
    Last edited by hunterthomson; 05-10-2009 at 05:55 PM.

so the next time AMD suffers from a strange load, they will just force Michael to give out the forum logs and sue you. Well done guys. Acting stupid in public.

Before you blow up yourself any more first try the drivers THEN complain.

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    so the next time AMD suffers from a strange load, they will just force Michael to give out the forum logs and sue you. Well done guys. Acting stupid in public.

Before you blow up yourself any more first try the drivers THEN complain.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL You made my day

Ya, thats what will happen energyman.

Come on get real. They would trace the source of the attack and sue the person that carried out the attack.

But, to get to your real point i.e. Conform, stay in the box "They" made for you and fear god.

I disagree. I think you should fight for what "You" beleave in. Never roll over.

Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death. Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775

oh, they trace down the ip - and ask the ISP for the connection details. Then they trace down the ip from the forum logs - and look, they point to the same person.

Acting stupid has nothing to do with 'liberty' and everything with 'being stupid'.

oh, they trace down the ip - and ask the ISP for the connection details. Then they trace down the ip from the forum logs - and look, they point to the same person.

Acting stupid has nothing to do with 'liberty' and everything with 'being stupid'.
    I am not attacking AMD. I don't even know the fine details how to.
    And if I was I wouldn't say anything like this here. And, if I did I would do it from an Open WiFi accesspoint and use macchanger.

What "You" are saying is not that attacking AMD is wrong. Your saying it is wrong to "Say" my opinton is that it would be a good thing to do. That is freedom of speech.
    Last edited by hunterthomson; 05-10-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Attacks are wrong.
    Telling others that you might start an attack in an open forum ist stupid.
    Both have nothing to do with freedom of speech.
    Satisfied now?

Attacks are wrong.
    Telling others that you might start an attack in an open forum ist stupid.
    Both have nothing to do with freedom of speech.
    Satisfied now?
    It was implied that you think attacking AMD is wrong in your saying that my "Saying" it was a good thing to do is wrong.

What "Your" saying is that it is wrong for me to "Say" my opinion is that attacking AMD would be a good thing to do. That is freedom of speech.

Read the quote from my post. I never said I was going to attack AMD servers or web site. Your building a straw man to knock down.

Give it up now and let other people bring this thead back on topic.
    Last edited by hunterthomson; 05-11-2009 at 12:03 AM.