View Poll Results: Which windowmanager are you using?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • KDE

77 52.38%
  • Gnome

58 39.46%
  • Others

12 8.16%
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE vs GNOME

Lightbulb KDE vs GNOME

Hello folks.

Just want to know how many is using kde and gnome, given the new improved kde 4.2. I have myself migrated to kde and like it very much. I could have added more wm's in the poll, but I just want to know the KDE vs gnome theme.
    Last edited by tball; 03-05-2009 at 12:06 PM.

KDE 3.x here. 4.2 still hasn't caught up on feature parity, and from various reports, still has issues with performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saist View Post
    KDE 3.x here. 4.2 still hasn't caught up on feature parity, and from various reports, still has issues with performance.
    The very only "feature" I miss, is global proxy support in KDE. Like the proxy support in gnome's proxy settings (Ubuntu). But I don't that feature existed in kde 3.5 neither.

I just upgraded to KDE 4.2.1 + Qt 4.5.0 today. So far, it's very decent. I switch from KDE 3 to 4.2.0 about a month ago. Things work different and I have to adapt, but I like it. It sure kicks Vista in the butt IMO.

I use Gnome at some machines in the University though. It's decent, but IMO can't compare to KDE 4.

GNOME does everything I want and I'm very happy with it. I do use KDE however, mostly on secondary machines.

If I had to pick one, it would be KDE; Gnome is ugly to my eyes, and it can't be configured exactly as I want.

Then again, I don't have to. They are both too heavy and bloated, I'm happy with something lighter. kthxbye

I'm surprised with the results so far. I thought there was more gnome users around.

9 users is hardly enough to draw conclusions, lol

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    9 users is hardly enough to draw conclusions, lol
    I know ;-) But anyway, I'm surpriced.

KDE 4.2.1 it has every feature I want and I don't notice any performance penalty. Same FPS here and same in gnome, xfce... And KDE 4 just looks great and has great apps!