Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD solve the Wine Problem with Cat/Fglrx 9-4alpfa

the problem is that it's not possible to find this interesting release.

Hummmm....I'm just thinking about if I were searching for something on the Internet, how I would go about it? What tools would I use? Would perhaps a really, really big search provider be productive? Would I want to use a generic term or be as precise as I could...maybe even down to using something as specific as a version number or file name if I knew it? And, if I didn't know the file name what would I do? But, I have to move on. As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "Page....TWO!"

Does anyone know what this "Google" dialog box thing is that keeps showing up on my browser is for? Does it serve any useful purpose or is it some form of malware?
    Last edited by rbmorse; 03-14-2009 at 11:11 AM.

EDIT: nevermind... md5sum was posted on page 8....
    Last edited by borkdox; 03-14-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    for wine you need OpenGL3 !
    Just making sure this was said at least once during the message chain: that claim is utter crap. You don't need anything more than OpenGL 2 to normally run Wine. You might need a few OpenGL extensions like FBO's for some modern games but you *do not* need the whole OpenGL 3. This is a bit like saying every game requires DX11. (Which I've heard to be the rough equivalent of OpenGL 3)

Forget everything bad I said about this driver :-)
    I said earlier, that there is problems running QW and savage2. Thats simply not true. I found out I got the same problem with 9.2... After a completely reinstall, everything works very fine! I have never ever got so smooth QW. I can even run it faster than in Vista.

With HD3650 mobility and 1280x800 i run QW beautiful with high settings. Nice. Thank you amd. Before with 9,2 I could only run the game in 1024x768 and with slightly lower settings.

I decided to try this driver and it fixes the /usr/lib64 hardcode path that I was forced to use in Arch Linux so that's good. Doesn't fix my EVE Online problems though, hopefully it's fixed in a later 9.4 or 9.5 driver.

If anyone has/seen the juicy XXXXXXX release PM me please, tnxx.

Hi guys, ditto on the PLEASE PM me, for this wee beastie of a file.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGeek View Post
    Hi guys, ditto on the PLEASE PM me, for this wee beastie of a file.
    Same here, please send a PM to me.

Resizing windows is still SLOW and LAGGY with composite enabled (kwin4). It is pretty fast with composite disabled. Besides that, pretty solid driver. Cheers to AMD.

I got a HD4850.