Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Those Looking To Help Out With PTS

Ok . I just need the answer of this question. So please let me know.

I once saw that PTS has now got notification working (ubuntu notification) . However the 2.0 version doesn't seems to notify, is this feature released in 2.0 or planned for 2.2 ?

It's in 2.0, but not used by default from the CLI version. If you want to use it in the CLI version by default, add "notify_send_events" to the modules line in your ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml

Nopes. I am not using CLI .. Instead am using GUI of Phoronix. Is it available for multiple test, cause I have only tested by running single test.

Let me try one more time. There is no notif. while installing or while running any test. What could be the issue ?

^^Ok there is no notification either in single or in multiple test, it doesn't show notif. even while installation.

Let me test that in PTS live

Question Does PTS change the user data while testing

I'm a beginner of testing. I have to check some old PCs, I think I stress them a while. I want to use PTS Desktop Live. Sadly I can not change the data stored on the on the hard discs. So my question is that: If I run any I/O or local disk test, will it changed the data on the discs? I think some test does changed (damaged) the original data, in that case witch local disk test will be safe for me?

I like the idea of also benchmarking min FPS and max fps in the terms of a graph... So it shows the consistence of fps.. Sometimes for instance, the game might run at 30fps but spike to 100fps. Even though on different hardware it might run at 45fps and spike at only 65fps. Fallout 3 for instance runs faster on nvidia in terms of spikes but runs smoother on ATi due to havok hardware accel etc... So a graph showing this would be helpful.

No problem providing a mirror, either in USA or in UKGermany.
    Just tell me where to rsync from.

Default For Those Looking To Help Out With PTS

This is one of the good articles you can find in the net explaining everything in detail regarding the topic. I thank you for taking your time sharing your thoughts and ideas to a lot of readers out there.