Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Catalyst 9.3 Brings OpenGL Composite Support

Does anyone know how to properly uninstall the Nvidia driver and install the ATi Catalyst?

Sure, run

nvidia-installer --uninstall
    dpkg --purge nvidia-dkms

and then reset your xorg.conf, on current debian/ubuntu:

rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf*
    dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Then you can poweroff and exchange the cards (if you used my install script for nvidia thats all you need).

Woot small gain in fps in UT2K4..best thing about this driver is getting rid of the black border due to underscan.. The slider's working here just like in windows.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    be cool if you use kanotix's installer 2.6.29 works becourse there is a hack!
    Where to get this one? Will it also work with Debian/Sidux?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    be cool if you use kanotix's installer 2.6.29 works becourse there is a hack!
    It's more of a Debian patch than a Kanotix patch and I couldn't find it at first but I got there eventually. Works nicely on Gentoo. Many thanks.

LordLethis, thanks for the tip but I'm good now.

Mobility Radeon X1600
    openSUSE 11.1 KDE4

Installed 9.3, now system freezes every time I resize a window playing a video whith composite enabled.

Going back to fglrx 8.11, since from 8.12 to 9.3 I also get a garbled screen every time I logout.

No luck also with opensourece drivers, X also freezes when using radeonhd with EXA enabled.

Works perfect for me on my Mobility Radeon HD 2600. Now the only thing left for me is xv without tearing. Everything else works perfect. Thanks for this great release!

The horrible thing is that the xorg-server package on gentoo is still marked unstable "~amd64".
    I'm just stucked @ 8.10 ati drivers as newer ones require xorg-server 1.5...

Come on gentoo maintainers. I know you are working hard on stabilizing xorg-server 1.5, but I'd like so much test those new drivers...

That'll come soon I hope. Sooner than UT3 anyway !

Bridgman : say "Thanks a lot" to AMD dev team for this great release !

So what's if it's ~arch? Will it eat your dog and kill your chicken?

I tried to unmask the xorg-server package, which just pulled more ~amd64 dependant packages.
    I didn't want then to unmask all those packages, as I imagined it could seriously damage the stability of my system.

I'm perhaps wrong, but as I'm just a simple user, I'd rather wait for stable versions rather than jumping to early in testing branch and having some unsolvable problems.

But perhaps do you still have your dog and your chicken ?