Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: fglrx multiseat crash

I never could get either the radeon or radeonHD drivers to work very well, but I never tried very hard either. As I was looking for good 3D performance, 98% of my testing on ATI hardware involved the proprietary fglrx driver.

Default POWERplay is not supported on your hardware

aticonfig --lsp
    Error: POWERplay is not supported on your hardware.

I've tried that with using just one card, in default setup
    I wonder if power play isn't working with the latest drivers for any setup?
    I did two independent tests using radeon 3450 and Radeon HD 4670. Both no luck

As a side note: I got my multi seat up and running. thanks cmorrow for the help. Still have some issues to sort out like most of the time when i hit down key computer beeps like crazy.

CMorrow, have you had to change anything to your xorg or kdm config if/when you upgraded to kubuntu 10.04?

I am having trouble getting past the splash screen when I try two seats with 1 fglrx card.

Quote Originally Posted by noobish View Post
    CMorrow, have you had to change anything to your xorg or kdm config if/when you upgraded to kubuntu 10.04?

I am having trouble getting past the splash screen when I try two seats with 1 fglrx card.
    Uh, I haven't checked my email for a month, but I can report that i have got multiseat working with kdm, and lucid. No nothing different from earlier versions. One thing I've noticed though, at one point I had switch the order of the seats, like in kdm where you have staticserver=:0,:1 switch that to :1, :0 This syntax is not correct but you should know what i mean.

Curious, because I cannot get the second X session to fire up. When I try with 1 card, fglrx segfaults. When I try with two cards, the second X session is unable to read the second card's VBIOS (which I suspect is a problem with the motherboard not advertising it).

Are you using two cards? And would you be willing to PM me to discuss your config files?