Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: LGP Prepares For Massive 24-Hour Linux Sale

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,530

    Default

    I wonder if LGP ever fixed their security issues on their site....

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto/North Bay Canada
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    I wonder if LGP ever fixed their security issues on their site....
    lol not exactly something you should say when people are dishing out their credit cards for a big sale

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    79

    Default

    If they would offer their games as a download only, payable via paypal, and at a regular price of less than/approximatly 20 euros I would be a happy customer.

    Why not team up with greenhouse or some other linux compatible download ditributor? It is all a licensing issue?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Bought 7 games, plus another copy of X3: Reunion. That means 8.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33F3R View Post
    lol not exactly something you should say when people are dishing out their credit cards for a big sale
    Well it's true. One of the reasons why I wouldn't buy from LGP. Would you trust your credit card to a site that is subject to xss exploits?

    http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/a...+to+XSS&login=
    http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/n...;%3C/script%3E
    http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/n...lmer.jpg%22%3E
    Last edited by deanjo; 05-08-2009 at 02:11 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Please, serious... can't be that difficult to add in a simple string-escape call to the error value obtained from the HTTP_GET. It's a one-liner and no-brainer... . Since how long is this now known? Over a year already?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Please, serious... can't be that difficult to add in a simple string-escape call to the error value obtained from the HTTP_GET. It's a one-liner and no-brainer... . Since how long is this now known? Over a year already?
    It has been pointed out long ago. They obviously do not care about anything concerning their poorly written, buggy and outdated website. If they actually collect credit card numbers themselves, buyers should watch out.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krzta View Post
    It has been pointed out long ago. They obviously do not care about anything concerning their poorly written, buggy and outdated website. If they actually collect credit card numbers themselves, buyers should watch out.
    Amen brother.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto/North Bay Canada
    Posts
    877

    Default

    i dont think LGP has bad intentions. But they need a better website then what they have now. I suggest they get with the times and offer download distro as its cheaper for everyone. It doesnt need to be like steam it just needs to be a pay and dl system which can be freely found on them interwebs. I dont think the linux community minds downloading from the internet, its kind of how we obtain our iso's. They really need to use paypal or something similar so that people can have peace of mind. some people use credit cards, I personally only ever use paypal money transfer.

    Bottom line, the website is dated and so is the payment method.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33F3R View Post
    i dont think LGP has bad intentions. But they need a better website then what they have now. I suggest they get with the times and offer download distro as its cheaper for everyone. It doesnt need to be like steam it just needs to be a pay and dl system which can be freely found on them interwebs. I dont think the linux community minds downloading from the internet, its kind of how we obtain our iso's. They really need to use paypal or something similar so that people can have peace of mind. some people use credit cards, I personally only ever use paypal money transfer.

    Bottom line, the website is dated and so is the payment method.
    bittorrent the iso, key the app. cheap and effective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •