Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wine 1.1.21 and Fglrx

"ATI has longer internal testing phases" - yes they are so long that they need 18 month to fix some bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    "ATI has longer internal testing phases" - yes they are so long that they need 18 month to fix some bugs.
    i Know you use Fista for Gaming no Linux is needet!

Please stop Talking and go away in a windows support forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    as opposed to the memory leak issues that have been plaguing nvidia drivers for as long as i've been using linux at least....

or the fact that i had to try three different versions of the official nvidia drivers on my moms computer to find one that wouldn't cause it to periodically lock up.

In some cases nvidia drivers do not fully work correct, but you can at least ask questions in nvnews.net and see if some devs will look at the issue. In most cases those are not known or hard to reproduce. Also you do not have to wait from month to month for next drivers, but they are released if needed (can be longer than a month too).

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Between the proprietary and open source drivers I would expect some differences
    Slightly offtopic but do you also expect such differences to be between two Gallium drivers for different vendor's cards? (eg Intel vs Ati)

Probably two Gallium drivers will only differ as far as the hardware implementations of certain functions (eg. rasterization) differ, since all hardware is running using the same state engine. So there will probably be less variability. But right now, very few applications are being designed with open-source drivers in mind at all, so we'll have to see how it goes.