Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Caster has gone Gold!

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Oh, by the by... When we've got this rough start behind us, I'm expecting to do quite a few more deals like this. We're actually getting results even I didn't expect here. We honestly need to get GoG or Gamersgate on the same page with this potential userbase or come up with a Linux specific store. Seriously.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto/North Bay Canada
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Oh, by the by... When we've got this rough start behind us, I'm expecting to do quite a few more deals like this. We're actually getting results even I didn't expect here. We honestly need to get GoG or Gamersgate on the same page with this potential userbase or come up with a Linux specific store. Seriously.
    cut out the middleman and setup a proper store of your own. Id rather see you get more money then some joe blow.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Svartalf: Sorry for not mentioning this with the first group of issues, but the word shield is typo'd on the screen when you get the Orbital weapon. (Which is also in the Unbeaten Path level).

    Good luck with this and your other deals!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33F3R View Post
    cut out the middleman and setup a proper store of your own. Id rather see you get more money then some joe blow.
    Easier said than done. Most of the profits would be eaten up getting set up for this game. I'm working towards better answers, but I've got to get the ventures I've got on my plate done or flying before I can front the needed cash myself.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dashcloud View Post
    Svartalf: Sorry for not mentioning this with the first group of issues, but the word shield is typo'd on the screen when you get the Orbital weapon. (Which is also in the Unbeaten Path level).

    Good luck with this and your other deals!
    I'll let Mike know.

    And, thanks!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Germany/NRW
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Oh, by the by... When we've got this rough start behind us, I'm expecting to do quite a few more deals like this. We're actually getting results even I didn't expect here.
    Great to hear.

    Unfortunately the demo segfaults for me using fglrx 9.3 ... but worked fine with mesa, except for slowness (strictly software rasterized, because Gentoo sucks at multilib...).
    ATM I think it's a problem with my setup, because I get similar segfaults with Regnum and also got some segfaults in Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick. As soon as I've figured this out I'll buy it, even though it seems not to be my kind of game. But at 4.99$ it's good value I guess.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33F3R View Post
    cut out the middleman and setup a proper store of your own. Id rather see you get more money then some joe blow.
    The flip side to this is the benefit of having another party playing: We are clearly making enough money for a mostly windows site to be interested in dealing with the hassle that comes with providing Linux downloads.

    I'm not saying the hassle is great, but there is some, even if it is sorting out which platform people are downloading a game for. The objective is to show the big games studios there is money in linux games, how better than by making money for someone?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I can update it when it does not work for others.
    I think it needs update. If someone sets buttons number in -u to 0 it will set all buttons mappings to 0. Fixed patch below:
    http://www.pastebin.ca/1433257

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto/North Bay Canada
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Easier said than done. Most of the profits would be eaten up getting set up for this game. I'm working towards better answers, but I've got to get the ventures I've got on my plate done or flying before I can front the needed cash myself.
    looks like a job for L33F3R

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Great news that the slowdown issue is being addressed.

    Caster is one of the few games playable on my system as I have a dual screen nVidia set-up. The number of games that can't figure out how to determine the size of a single screen and turn the other off makes me cry, instead they turn off the scond screen and show only half the display on the primary screen. (xrandr solves this but wrecks mu desktop) - happily, Caster behaves sensibly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •