Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 121

Thread: AMD Catalyst 9.5 Driver For Linux Released

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    I noticed that too. The problem seem to be VSync (which doesn't work anyway with compositing.) If enabled and compositing is also active, everything that uses OpenGL (even glxgears) is extremely skippy.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    I noticed that too. The problem seem to be VSync (which doesn't work anyway with compositing.) If enabled and compositing is also active, everything that uses OpenGL (even glxgears) is extremely skippy.
    But even without vsync and without compositing, I find that gl rendering is less smooth than with the previous drivers (9.4 or 9.3)... really disappointing

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Not sure. I only use the "gl2 (yuv)" renderer in SMPlayer. It was always faster (much less CPU time) and smoother, and probably with more correct colors. The mplayer command line option for this is "-vo gl2:yuv=3".

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Don't you all lose the hope. Next drivers will be better New main big feature will be 6 in the driver version number so it'll be Catalyst 9.6 , cool eh?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I don't think 9.5 was meant to be anything special. That usually means the next version will have a bunch more bug fixes/features (due to how they pipeline the driver versions). That's mostly guesstimates of course.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Besides the version number the changes are so small that not even ATI knows em, when you look at the missing changelog

    it is there.
    2009-05-20 14:13:24 (2,10 MB/s) - »catalyst_95_linux.pdf« gespeichert [97641/97641]

    2009-05-20 14:13:27 (2,17 MB/s) - »catalyst_94_linux.pdf« gespeichert [71656/71656]

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Ha ha ha!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    PL
    Posts
    906

    Default

    is it just me, or are reactions to fglrx releases getting more and more boring recently?

    that might be the sign that either the drivers are getting stable, or some previous users of fglrx switched to xf86-video-ati or radeonhd

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yoshi314 View Post
    is it just me, or are reactions to fglrx releases getting more and more boring recently?

    that might be the sign that either the drivers are getting stable, or some previous users of fglrx switched to xf86-video-ati or radeonhd
    Got more stable for me.
    That, and the fact that the compiz blur plugin and starting a second X session remain unfixed since a year now.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Not sure. I only use the "gl2 (yuv)" renderer in SMPlayer. It was always faster (much less CPU time) and smoother, and probably with more correct colors. The mplayer command line option for this is "-vo gl2:yuv=3".
    I will try that. Thanks !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •