Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Moblin V2 User Interface Is Very Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by hax0r View Post
    Let's see what KDE freetards have to say, "OMG it is so pretty...". Thank god Moblin uses GTK and GNOME programs. This is what happens when company works on a project, you get a software that doesn't suck as much other GNU projects e.g. KDE and actually works and makes you productive.
    This is a troll post. Just ignore it.

I like this UI. It looks like it's optimized for touch screens and tablet PCs, not only netbooks...

Hei, they stolen the Sugar interface!
    http://www.sugarlabs.org/

Amazing!

Just one suggestion Michael: would you consider implementing a way to better browse the pictures in the articles, something that works as a gallery browser. That would be a real plus for Phoronix!

Thank you ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by arjan_intel View Post
    SSSE3 is still required; that has not changed.
    I'll make sure this will get mentioned on the download page.
    Is it possible to build a version that doesn't depend on SSE3, using that Moblin Image Creator?

Quote Originally Posted by susikala View Post
    There's no flame war, actually. QT/KDE sucks horridly, GTK/GNOME sucks less, GTK/XFCE sucks acceptibly, but all three are way too bloated, considering that for all purposes, most people don't even _use_ it to the extremes it's designed to (I like GNOME if only because they finally understood that the people using it are on average not even intelligent enough to understand most configuration options; better leave it to the console-based applications). But those are the purposes of such a design.

It's all a matter of a functionality vs. bloat, I guess. It's just it's most acute with KDE.

And Moblin looks so awesome, my dear. I'm going to buy an Ideapad just for that (and well, the IdeaPad S10e seems very promising).
    Amen to that brother .

@thefirstm
    You must be new to open source? Are you aware of the reality?

@AdrenalineJunky
    I did not try KDE, I'm using it ATM, archlinux and svn kde4 packages, but it only runs on one of my machines do to obvious reasons.

/me wants to buy a good netbook Moblin looks so good that netbooks might be worth paying few hundreds.

Its still quite buggy, I get loads of these crash reports etc. And their repositories are quite empty, but I guess that can be redeemed by adding some Fedora repos?

And keep an eye open when you install and make sure you configure grub correctly if you got more systems on your computer.

And glxgears gives like 500 fps on ubuntu 8.10, but only like 120 on moblin (obviously). Plus the web browser seems a moderately sluggish compared to firefox on ubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by hax0r View Post
    Amen to that brother .

@AdrenalineJunky
    I did not try KDE, I'm using it ATM, archlinux and svn kde4 packages, but it only runs on one of my machines do to obvious reasons.
    also using arch, with both KDE and a customized openbox environment...

i gotta say, i rather like KDE - its a great all in one solution - though i do mainly use openbox, thats not for everyone.

there is a difference between something sucking and you not liking it though, KDE is good, just also not for everyone.