Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 550 Days Later, UT3 Linux Appears Dead

Quote Originally Posted by dammarin View Post
    Well, it is out on the PS3. Even the expansions, which were X360/Win only in the past, are coming out for the Playstation now.
    Hopefully they fix the lack of anti-aliasing and all of the damned freezes. I realize that it wouldn't be a Fallout game without random freezes and crashes, but come on that is a little bit much.

Does a game being part of the "Games for Windows" initiative preclude it from coming out on other platforms?
    Depends on the contract that was signed, as always.

@ Phoronix, nice troll for information on UT3, but it doesn't seem very effective.

Finally it died, who needs crappy performance on GNU/Linux if you're not using nvidia cards and their blob, there's Windows for that where stuff matters, back to drawing triangles!

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Hopefully they fix the lack of anti-aliasing and all of the damned freezes. I realize that it wouldn't be a Fallout game without random freezes and crashes, but come on that is a little bit much.
    AA: they won't. The PS3 doesn't do AA very well. The freezes: maybe. I might buy it then.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Depends on the contract that was signed, as always.
    Well, I'm sure there are standard rules. Perhaps a few tiers, with MS giving the developer more benefits the more they commit to exclusivity, etc.