Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

@xav1r
    Knights and Merchants has been already officialy ported from LGP...

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    At that point I can hit up GoG for a deal to provide certified and supported titles on Linux for their store to sell
    This would both good and bad news. Good as more good games will be available and bad news as my productivity (which isn't all that high to begin with...) would be ruined.

Also glancing through the list it seems no one has mentioned Crayon Physics Deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    @xav1r
    Knights and Merchants has been already officialy ported from LGP...
    Actually, they published it. Runesoft was the bunch that ported it...

Quote Originally Posted by Aradreth View Post
    This would both good and bad news. Good as more good games will be available and bad news as my productivity (which isn't all that high to begin with...) would be ruined.
    Heh...

Also glancing through the list it seems no one has mentioned Crayon Physics Deluxe.
    Well...I'd forgotten about it (it got mentioned as a maybe over in the Open Pandora project forums...) and then nobody else mentioned it until now. Added to the list, more for ARM Linux (Pandora, BeagleBoard, Maemo, WebOS, and Android... ) than for x86- but you target one, why not do the effort for the other, right?

Hmm this post over at the Torchlight forums doesn't look good: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtop...p=97851#p97851

Torchlight is the game from the "being looked into" list that I'd most love to get a Linux version of.

Quote Originally Posted by ad_267 View Post
    Hmm this post over at the Torchlight forums doesn't look good: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtop...p=97851#p97851

Torchlight is the game from the "being looked into" list that I'd most love to get a Linux version of.
    I think that goes back to Svartalf's point about developer awareness of the market and confidence in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ad_267 View Post

And, I'm going to be talking with 'em shortly (I've been trying to get an eval of the thing and WINE on my box plain flat WILL NOT RUN IT...so much for WINE for things like this, eh? ) perhaps even this evening.

No profit, eh? Only if they don't do it the way I'll propose to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I think that goes back to Svartalf's point about developer awareness of the market and confidence in the future.
    It does. It does, indeed. And I intend on raising the awareness if nothing else.

Is there anything we as individuals can do to make it more likely? (I'd really like to play Torchlight).

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    And, I'm going to be talking with 'em shortly (I've been trying to get an eval of the thing and WINE on my box plain flat WILL NOT RUN IT...so much for WINE for things like this, eh? ) perhaps even this evening.
    Have you tried CrossOver Games yet?