Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

7 days is a bit short, maybe LGP should create a similar client like steam and provide special offers/free games over a weekend. I personally would not buy timebombs - does not matter how much they cost. The main problem i see with LGP is that they sell mainly games which are low budget titles on Win for years and even when the Linux ports are not fresh (say 6-12 month) they are sold at the initial price. Old titles are old, no matter what system they run on, maybe use twice the price of the Win budget price but that's definitely enough even for Linux gamers...

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    I take that back. If it's on the CD media, it's not likely to be DRMed.

If it's downloadable, it's got the DRM on it- which should be obvious if he's "renting" the stuff. Low prices like you're boggling at are liable to be rentals as opposed to sales as the download price shaves about $15 or so off the pricing.
    is there a list for drm free cd/dvd medias?

X3 for exampel is X3 on the CD drm free?

save 5 on the download sell my soul on the devil DRM isn't a good deal

Another vote for Guild Wars 2.
    They've mentioned it would "require DirectX9, with support for DirectX 10". This was a while ago, however given that GW1 ran on very modest hardware at launch, among other things, I suppose they'll stick to their original plan (heck, xp is still what... 75% of the desktop market?)
    So as far as graphics go, I suppose openGL should be ok feature wise.

Guild Wars currently mainly consists of a 7.7 MB executable and a large data file.

I know it's been mentioned before, but any chance LGP could make a deal with GOG (Good Ole Games) to re-sell at least the DOSBOX games?

I'd pay a few dollars more than GOG's prices for a Linux SKU of those games. (Of course for a non-DOSBOX game from there, I'd be willing to pay considerably more, to a point.)

Recettear: http://www.carpefulgur.com/recettear/

Another company working with the doujinsoft circles to localise limited-run games. This is very cool and we should support it in any case. Their FAQ isn't super-positive on this or OSX, but they probably are living under the blanket of insufficient information like most others.

I don't think Mount&Blade/M&B Warband by Taleworlds has been suggested yet (not listed in the OP, but haven't read all 1360 posts).

The developers should be amenable to licensing a port, I think. Decent userbase. Runs under Wine, so it shouldn't be particularly horrible a job, and there's even a pinned thread in the official forums about doing so (good sign for penguin-friendliness).

Obviously, I have no idea of any technical problems that may arise, but the main thing is whether or not they'll be open to it, yes?

Mount & Blade has been suggested before, and was on the maybe list. As it isn't there any longer I guess the devs/publishers weren't interested?

Surely it would/should then be shifted to 'Dead Ends', not removed completely? Otherwise you could end up with people repeating each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Sure looks sweet, but it's built with XNA, and that might be a problem.