Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 799

Thread: Wishlist for Porting Projects (Pt. 2)

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default

    So GarageGames has come back from the dead and Torque is on sale from them again. Maybe you could....I dunno, convince them to support Linux again?

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    So GarageGames has come back from the dead and Torque is on sale from them again. Maybe you could....I dunno, convince them to support Linux again?
    Last time that i went on their website about 2 weeks ago or something like that it showed that the sale was still up.... the PR said that they were closing doors, now "if they do support linux again" is quite surprising....

  3. #753
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this in this long thread but has anyone looked into Popcap games? They seem to have been ported to every platform known to man but linux.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this in this long thread but has anyone looked into Popcap games? They seem to have been ported to every platform known to man but linux.
    It's not been mentioned, but they're on the list of people I'm about to get in touch with over things. The framework's already been ported, so it's probably more of a desire to have someone support/publish it for them under a branding. I'll let you guys know more when I get in touch with them.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    Last time that i went on their website about 2 weeks ago or something like that it showed that the sale was still up.... the PR said that they were closing doors, now "if they do support linux again" is quite surprising....
    Amazingly, they've "gone back to their 'indie' roots" and are selling licenses for $99 to the engine... Guess I do need to talk w/them.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    It's not been mentioned, but they're on the list of people I'm about to get in touch with over things. The framework's already been ported, so it's probably more of a desire to have someone support/publish it for them under a branding. I'll let you guys know more when I get in touch with them.
    Good to hear. They may not blockbuster AAA "holy crap look at the eye candy" games but they are addictive, reasonably priced, and have great replay value. They would serve as a good stepping stone for larger more ambitious ports.

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Good to hear. They may not blockbuster AAA "holy crap look at the eye candy" games but they are addictive, reasonably priced, and have great replay value. They would serve as a good stepping stone for larger more ambitious ports.
    That was kind of my thinking. I'd have gotten to it a bit sooner, but I was a bit overbooked for last year's things (and it wasn't the porting stuff that did it...).

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Posts
    323

    Default

    On that note, how are things going? I gather you're keeping busy. Anything new? (Do you have a finger, weblog, feed or something to follow for updates?)

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Populous: The Beggining (Bullfrog/EA)
    Imperialism II: Age of Exploration* (Frog City Software)

    *Not sure if the game is considered abandonware...

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    On that note, how are things going? I gather you're keeping busy. Anything new? (Do you have a finger, weblog, feed or something to follow for updates?)
    Nothing new yet (Yet...). I'm about to get started on the ARM versions of the two games I've ported so far and as things settle in with the new day job (coming along nicely...) I will start on the planned contacts...

    As for a finger, weblog, or similar...not yet. Going to be adding something here shortly as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •