Thread: NVIDIA Releases Official 180.60 Driver Update

Default NVIDIA Releases Official 180.60 Driver Update

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Official 180.60 Driver Update

While NVIDIA is hard at work on the 185.xx display driver series for Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenSolaris systems, as can be seen by their 185.18.14 driver release just days ago. However, for those sticking with the official NVIDIA driver updates, a new release in the 180.xx series is now available...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzMwMw

That's no new driver, just the status has been changed from PRE-release to release driver. I would use 185.xx series if it works.

185.18.10 works fine for me. Granted I have no choice but to use beta drivers, as I have a GTX 275. I have no complaint about its stability but I don't push it very hard, as I use only my desktop and World of Warcraft with Wine.

The first line of the article (as delimited by a capital letter and a period) isn't even a complete sentence...

While NVIDIA is hard at work on the 185.xx display driver series for Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenSolaris systems, as can be seen by their 185.18.14 driver release just days ago.
    The word while is used to set up a contrast, but obviously none is ever made. This is just sloppy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by mattst88 View Post
    The first line of the article (as delimited by a capital letter and a period) isn't even a complete sentence...

The word while is used to set up a contrast, but obviously none is ever made. This is just sloppy writing.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Again something that could have easily been pointed out in PM, or at least in the appropriate forum, instead of making a huge fuss in a thread.

I see no huge fuss?

I think the article's comments and discussions thread is a relevant location for such information.

Quote Originally Posted by mattst88 View Post
    I see no huge fuss?

I think the article's comments and discussions thread is a relevant location for such information.
    How many letters to the editor in news papers do you see about spelling mistakes and grammar? You don't but they happen all the time. Threads are for the discussion of the meaning of the article. Tell me, does it do ANY good to post in a public manner on a issue that only one person can correct?

whats up with randr?

Quote Originally Posted by pirast View Post
    whats up with randr?
    Not high on their priority list.