Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Default NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Phoronix: NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Earlier this year NVIDIA introduced the ION, which is their new system platform that pairs a GeForce 9400M GPU with an Intel Atom processor to make it an appealing platform for those desiring a netbook or nettop computer but are interested in a higher level of graphics performance than what is currently possible with Intel's integrated graphics. Products using the NVIDIA ION have been slow to emerge, but in recent weeks, we have begun seeing more devices around, including those from smaller manufacturers. One company that is now selling an ION-powered nettop is ZaReason, which is a Linux-focused hardware company. In this article we have a whole arsenal of Linux-based tests showing off the NVIDIA graphics performance with the Intel Atom processor under Linux.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13941

I wonder how well supported are power management features are going to be for NVIDIA Ion netbooks under Linux. Things like suspend-to-ram are really interesting to have, yet nvidia binary drivers are sometimes not up to the task when it comes to suspend to ram.

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: NVIDIA ION Linux Performance

Earlier this year NVIDIA introduced the ION, which is their new system platform that pairs a GeForce 9400M GPU with an Intel Atom processor to make it an appealing platform for those desiring a netbook or nettop computer but are interested in a higher level of graphics performance than what is currently possible with Intel's integrated graphics. Products using the NVIDIA ION have been slow to emerge, but in recent weeks, we have begun seeing more devices around, including those from smaller manufacturers. One company that is now selling an ION-powered nettop is ZaReason, which is a Linux-focused hardware company. In this article we have a whole arsenal of Linux-based tests showing off the NVIDIA graphics performance with the Intel Atom processor under Linux.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13941

supports 128-bit High Dynamic range precision, is dual-link DVI supported with resolutions up to 2560 x 1600, and supports NVIDIA PureVideo HD. HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, and VGA connections.
    Parse error

Thanks for the review Michael. Is that netbook already up for sale? I don't see it in zareason.com

Quote Originally Posted by mendieta View Post
    Is that netbook already up for sale? I don't see it in zareason.com
    It's a nettop, but if it's not up on ZaReason.com, I guess it didn't launch quite yet. I was told it was supposed to launch last week.

Ah, thanks, Michael. And yes, I got confused, because I read somewhere else that they were considering an ION netbook. Thanks for clarifying that!

Awesome thing.

Please re-run using the latest official drivers.

185.18.14 is now the current official release.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606

not bad. It would certainly be something I would look at. Although I would need at least 12 inches of screen so netbook is out of the question...

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Please re-run using the latest official drivers.

185.18.14 is now the current official release.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122606
    With that and the latest kernel/intel combination where the worst regressions from intel are fixed, could be interesting.