96.43.13 (legacy,pre-release) for Linux x86/x86-64 released
Changes since 96.43.12:
- Restored compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
Changes since 96.43.11:
- Fixed miscellaneous nvidia-installer bugs.
- Updated nvidia-bug-report.sh to automatically compress its log file; running `nvidia-bug-report.sh` now produces "nvidia-bug-report.log.gz".
- Fixed an nvidia-settings crash when xorg.conf contains Device and Screen sections but no ServerLayout section.
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
Changes since 96.43.10:
- Fixed a bug that could trigger kernel BUG() failures when stress testing setup/teardown paths.
Changes since 96.43.07:
- Added support for X.Org server 1.5 and 1.6.
- Fixed the subpicture component order reported by the NVIDIA X driver's XvMC implementation.
- Fixed a text corruption problem on X.Org 1.5 and newer X.Org servers.
- Worked around an X server bug that caused text to disappear when a composite manager is enabled on X.Org 1.5 and newer X.Org servers.
- Fixed a texture corruption problem seen when running GoogleEarth on some GeForce 4 MX GPUs.
- Fixed a server crash triggered by Kopete's 'new message' popup dialog when a composite manager is enabled.
- Fixed an X server crash with multiple server generations when GLX is disabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused window decorations to be corrupted in Compiz.
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux 2.6 kernels.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in AGP FW/SBA settings and overrides being applied incorrectly when using the Linux kernel's AGP GART driver.
- Added the ability to run distribution provided pre- and post- installation hooks to 'nvidia-installer'; please see the 'nvidia-installer' manual page for details.
- Fixed a problem that caused nvidia-installer to remove Compiz's libglx.so.
- Added 'nvidia-uninstall' as a shortcut for `nvidia-installer --uninstall`.
The 96.43.13 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via FTP.
The 96.43.13 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86-64 is available for download via FTP.
Please note: If you encounter any problems with the 96.43.13 NVIDIA Linux legacy graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 for details).