Thread: Abit AW9D Series Launched

Default Abit AW9D Series Launched

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/news/...CNO=en_0608162

August 16 th , 2006 ? Today Universal abit launched their much anticipated AW9D and AW9D-MAX motherboards based on the Intel 975X chipset. There has been much anticipation in the industry for this series and as far as looks go, these boards are built to please. The benchmarking has been exceptional in typical abit style and our tweakability and overclocking features have exceeded even our own expectations:

Mark, a bright new star in the abit engineering department, says: "I really like abit's ? Guru overclocking features on this board and playing with the engineering samples I've managed to OC to 470 FSB using a 6800XE Core? 2 Duo. The BIOS has plenty of options for adjusting FSB, tweaking voltages and controlling stability. It's truly an amazing overclocking motherboard ... I love it!"
    Should be receiving the Abit AW9D-MAX shortly for Linux tests.

They look pretty. It would be great to see a review of an abit core 2 duo mainboard.

Default Abit Board

That is a sweet looking board. I love it.

We have the Abit AW9D motherboard in for testing Look for an article in a few weeks.

Abit first discussed the AW9D with Phoronix well over a year ago, and I must say its design has changed quite a bit from the first conceptual diagrams that I had seen. It's good to finally see this motherboard out, if it is able to continue in the success of the AW8-MAX (and the unforgettable IC7-MAX3!).

WTF is i tblue? In norway it is black! :P

Quote Originally Posted by krypton View Post
    WTF is i tblue? In norway it is black! :P
    Do you have the vanilla or MAX variant?

Maybe the vanilla one is blue, I dont have neither of them, awaiting one of them from my shop (www.komplett.co.uk), just thought because the AW8 and MAX was black both

The AW8 series is black, and I believe the AW9D-MAX is also black. However, the vanilla (plain) AW9D is blue at least in the US.

Ya, its blue here too. But the funny thing is that I can put on the end of the AW8-MXA cooler I got, because there are holes for it on the mainboard