Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KDE 4.3.0 RC2 Brings Fewer Changes

Quote Originally Posted by kxmas View Post
    Plasma is still locking up on me
    Did you try to start with a new configuration.

Rename your ~/.kde to ~/.kde_back

and try again to start you kde.
    Of course you will have a clean config but it's just to test if you have less troubles.

If it's the case you can always restore folder by folder what you want.
    share/apps etc...

Quote Originally Posted by dl.zerocool View Post
    Did you try to start with a new configuration.

Rename your ~/.kde to ~/.kde_back

and try again to start you kde.
    Of course you will have a clean config but it's just to test if you have less troubles.

If it's the case you can always restore folder by folder what you want.
    share/apps etc...

At first glance, my problems seem to apparmor related. Disabling it seems to be the cure-all.

At first glance, my problems seem to apparmor related. Disabling it seems to be the cure-all.
    Nice to hear it, were you able to report the bug ?
    I think it's the most difficult at this time, we have to install a lot of packages to be able to report a crash, I really hope they will simplify the system as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dl.zerocool View Post
    Nice to hear it, were you able to report the bug ?
    I think it's the most difficult at this time, we have to install a lot of packages to be able to report a crash, I really hope they will simplify the system as soon as possible.
    I was never able to pin it down. Plus, had an additional plasma freeze later. My taskbar becomes unresponsive while some windows are fine. Eventually, it all craters.

Running with a clean config now. We'll see how that goes.

I was never able to pin it down. Plus, had an additional plasma freeze later. My taskbar becomes unresponsive while some windows are fine. Eventually, it all craters.

Running with a clean config now. We'll see how that goes.
    Really strange, I had some plasma crashes on RC1 but not that much and the Bug window always poped up immediatly so I could just clic on restart application.

So not that much annoying considering it's a RC version.

Anyway I hope the clean config will help you, because I won't leave KDE for nothing, the applications and the usability of the UI is just awesome. It really fits what I need.
    With some few missing things (exemple settings-> keyboard,mouse (under there you can adjust your joystick too.. even if it's not on title...) ) there is no DEADZONE config... !

Or I have two screens and when I do a mouse over on the folder view plasmoid the popup with sub folders appear on my main screen and not on the screen where I'm doing the mouse over.

Well I really think they are on good way. If you still have troubles with KDE, shall you go report them on their site.

See ya