Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please The Chef With Linux & Phoronix

Default Please The Chef With Linux & Phoronix

Phoronix: Please Your Wife With Phoronix, Really

If your wife has been upset with how much time you spend on our forums, that you subscribe to Phoronix Premium, or that you always occupy her computer by running the Phoronix Test Suite on it, fear no more! Just send her over to the newest web property that's managed by Phoronix Media, Foodstruments. Foodstruments is a portmanteau for "Food Instruments" and this is a site that features cooking gadget reviews, inexpensive cooking tools, and other products for the home and kitchen...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzM4MQ

Sorry but i find this article a tad bit sexist. I know many men more interested in cooking than in linux and a certain amount of women more interested in linux than in cooking. Besides at home, chores should be shared, i do not see why cooking stuff should only be given to women.
    Last edited by Med_; 07-14-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.

Wonderful Spam!

Quote Originally Posted by Med_ View Post
    Sorry by i find this article a tad bit sexist. I know many men more interested in cooking than in linux and a certain amount of women more interested in linux than in cooking. Besides at home, chores should be shared, i do not see why cooking stuff should only be given to women.
    i agree 104%

I am a man. I am a fit, sexy, man. And i like to cook.

Sorry by i find this article a tad bit sexist.
    Yeah I thought the same thing at first, but I'd say it was completely unintentional and merely resulted because they tried to come up with a witty title.

@topic: Uhm... yay? :P

It's weird to see a phoronix-style review with "food" hardware, heh

Sorry by i find this article a tad bit sexist. I know many men more interested in cooking than in linux and a certain amount of women more interested in linux than in cooking. Besides at home, chores should be shared, i do not see why cooking stuff should only be given to women.
    I totally agree with everything you just said. I do almost _all_ the cooking at home, and yes, I am a male, and yes, I am usually tired for cooking, like most people. I was shocked when I saw the article. Hopefully we won't be seeing more of this. Oh well.

This is April 1'st, isn't it?.... Right?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Phoronix Test Suite scores for my brand of kitchen scales, versus the large hadron collider.

PS I'm Brad Pitt and I do all my cooking at home (with a large hadron collider)
    Last edited by Mr_Alien_Overlord; 07-14-2009 at 02:51 PM.

This isn't necessarily sexist....
    Perhaps we can impress our wives/girlfriends/otherwise cute girl by cooking up something that looks, smells, and tastes great.
    Women really appreciate special moments, even if it doesn't seem to mean much to men (and I think all of us have been in that awful position where we disregarded a "special" moment...).

This discussion is as ridiciulous as the one about one of the last RMS speeches with the "virgin of emacs". Do you really think either person (Michael, RMS) were trying to discrimate people? No? Than have a laugh about it.

This foodstruments site is to help financing Phoronix.