Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

Quote Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
    If somebody faked it, it would make much more sense to fake the results as well so that it looked like the graphics card performed very fast. It would also make more sense to name the graphics card somewhat clearer (HD5870 would be clearer than EG Cypress).
    Actually no. If someone were to fake what the driver says the card is and the features but still run the test normally, results would be just as good as with a normal older card. Plus Qaridarium is raving about it not being a fake so it must be. QED.

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Plus Qaridarium is raving about it not being a fake so it must be. QED.
    good point.

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Actually no. If someone were to fake what the driver says the card is and the features but still run the test normally, results would be just as good as with a normal older card. Plus Qaridarium is raving about it not being a fake so it must be. QED.
    That is not what I meant: what I meant is that it would be much more interesting, if you want some attention, to fake the GPU name AND the results. Don't you think very high performance would draw a lot of attention? I believe somebody in this topic already pointed out that it is quite easy to influence the results of the test suite.

So my point is: if it was somebody who wanted attention, he might have gone for faking the results as well.

I guess. Haven't looked into the PTS utility too deeply so I don't know how easy cheating on the actual results would be.