Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.3.0 Desktop Released

The funny thing is Gstreamer is the default Phonon backend. At least in Arch. However, it's very easy to switch to Xine.

Aweesome release. Looks sexy, works great - a real joy to use. I can only thank all the contributors that have worked hard to make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blindfrog View Post
    It's pretty much perfect now, but still can't wait for 4.4 after seeing it's feature list (which is already massive)
    Do you have a link for that?

Quote Originally Posted by izual View Post
    Do you have a link for that?
    http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.4_Feature_Plan

This page gets updated regularly, so this list is by no means complete.

lol that link is down at the moment, too many users on the connection :P must be slashdotted looking forward to trying this new release the versions of kde4.x i've tried appeared to just be lacking applications/features needed to make the whole thing useful

Thanks for the link.

I can't finde any phonon improvements in these lists (4.3/4.4) and that sucks. Phonon still lacks too many "features" like equalizer support...

Quote Originally Posted by izual View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I can't finde any phonon improvements in these lists (4.3/4.4) and that sucks. Phonon still lacks too many "features" like equalizer support...
    Phonon does lack a lot of features. I my self discovered it while writing my qt app with phonon... well for the moment it does it's job quite well... hopefully though it will get some major advance features in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by netsurf View Post
    lol that link is down at the moment, too many users on the connection :P must be slashdotted looking forward to trying this new release the versions of kde4.x i've tried appeared to just be lacking applications/features needed to make the whole thing useful
    You sure that this isn't the task of Xine/Gstreamer? Phonon is just a wrapper I think.

Aaron Seigo recently posted a list with planned Plasma features for KDE 4.4 in his blog and it was H U G E.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.frederich View Post
    I ran a fairly recent build if KDE a month or two ago and when I ran Inkscape I couldn't see the colors in any of the sliders.

I saw that the bug was known.

Wondering if this is fixed.

No idea whose fault it is? KDE, Qt, GTK+, Inkscape?
    Color in the sliders? I believe that's an option you can enable in SystemSettings...

Aaron's post was just about Plasma. http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2009/07/p...in-kde-44.html

Most of the GSOC projects will be in 4.4 as well. http://socghop.appspot.com/org/home/google/gsoc2009/kde