Thread: Favorite tech demo's

Default Favorite tech demo's

Just wondering over the years there have been some great tech demo's that manufacturers have put out. One of my faves still to this day is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XSV50W8P7I . In it's day it was truly jaw dropping. Now days a lot of the tech demos simply don't carry the same "wow" factor IMHO.

I've always liked the Pipe Dream tech demo, myself; I'm a big fan of percussion compositions. It might not qualify as well as some others though, as I believe the Animusic video had been around for quite a while before ATi decided to render it in real time on the 9700 hardware.

On a related topic, what about demoscene stuff? Actually, I don't think I've seen any good demos for Linux, though a friend of mine was working on getting farbrausch's debris. working well in Wine...
    Last edited by Wyatt; 08-16-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I've always liked the Pipe Dream tech demo, myself; I'm a big fan of percussion compositions. It might not qualify as well as some others though, as I believe the Animusic video had been around for quite a while before ATi decided to render it in real time on the 9700 hardware.

On a related topic, what about demoscene stuff? Actually, I don't think I've seen any good demos for Linux, though a friend of mine was working on getting farbrausch's debris. working well in Wine...
    When it comes to classic demo's, I remember Future Crew's Unreal causing my jaw to drop.