Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Catalyst 9.8 Delivers New Kernel Support

what shall the installer do? remove configs that were changed by the user? that would be equally wrong.

The installer could warn about it, that problems might go away if you remove that directory...

Or it could update the incompatible entries.

Thumbs up F11 workaround

For those having problems with F11

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...55503&page=234

it is a problem related to the hardware cursor and fglrx.

People are really desperate in looking for things to blame the fglrx drivers it would seem.

This is an existing problem. Of course you think that having people chasing forums for several days until they discover the "delete /etc/ati" solution is really great. Your opinion. My opinion is that the user should be told or the installer should fix the entries.

People are really desperate in defending the fglrx driver's bugs.

considering there are about 10 million different ways you could have your system configured its kinda to be expected to some extent. i see configuration problems leading to broken nvidia drivers on forums as well.

there are so many things people could change. So many interactions. Hard for a tool to figure that out. Also people always blamed yast for doing that .... hmmm...

Well, I finally got amdcccle working. The bad way - used the ati installer instead of the gentoo ebuild. Something on my system is really screwed; likely junk leftover from a really old driver/xorg-server/libX11/whatever.
    The synch to vertical refresh option actually makes some movies play nicer as it turns out.

ugh - not using the ebuild will hurt you later. There are a lot of apps that need mesa-ogl to compile and won't do with nvidia or ati. If stuff fails, deinstall ati and reinstall mesa...

Well, at least you don't also have to reinstall X server like with nvidia driver.