Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Quake Live Now Available To Linux Gamers

There are games written in Python, Java, ActionScript, Javascript. All recent commercial 3D games are written in C++ though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
    What do Delta3d, Ogre3d, Irrlicht3d, CrystalSpace3d, Unity3d, Torque have to do with Microsoft (or the 360 for that matter)?
    platform Support?

What do those engines have to do with windows XP/VISTA/7 and/or linux? Please don't answer this question...

for the pc platform which game has been written in C#? i really curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    platform Support?

What do those engines have to do with windows XP/VISTA/7 and/or linux? Please don't answer this question...

for the pc platform which game has been written in C#? i really curious about this.
    Dyson uses C#
    http://www.dyson-game.com/read.php?page=8

It's a 2D game, and it uses sdl and mono. I don't know why they use SDL, but that's written in C, so the engine itself might be SDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    platform Support?

Please rephrase that, I don't copy you. These are cross-platform engines that can be used by .Net languages. Some of them run on consoles, too.

You know, there's this wonderful thing called google. A quick search returns gaming juggernauts like Second Life, The Sims 3, plus a metric ton of games written in XNA and Unity3d.

You know what the interesting thing is? Second Life turned to Mono in order to improve performance. Not only that, but they've used Mono to implement some positively awesome things like microthreads (Mono.Continuations) or the ability to record the current state of the engine, wire it to the server or another PC and continue execution there. There was a great discussion on the Mono mailing list recently (around last April) - check it out if you are interested.