Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: r6xx 3D games

Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Yes!

Nexuiz works (but opponents are invisible).
    That may be an off-by-one error in Nexuiz. Other drivers simply ignore this, but Mesa (absolutely correctly) rejects affected meshes IIRC.

Please try the latest build over at http://rm.endoftheinternet.org/~nexuiz/builds/

edit: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22743
    Last edited by SavageX; 09-13-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boerkel View Post
    My xserver crashes when i try to start Google Earth. I'm using mesa from xorg-edgers and built the latest drm on Ubuntu Jaunty. (Mobility Radeon HD 2600)
    Well, I was using drm-next kernel with KMS. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by SavageX View Post
    That may be an off-by-one error in Nexuiz. Other drivers simply ignore this, but Mesa (absolutely correctly) rejects affected meshes IIRC.

Please try the latest build over at http://rm.endoftheinternet.org/~nexuiz/builds/

edit: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22743
    Indeed, that was it, it works fine with the latest build. Thanks for the explanation.

As of late, I've been having issues with the "bloom" feature of openarena (extremely low fps in the initial menu and in the game itself). I believe it started since the "constant TEX coord" commit, but I would have to bisect to be sure. The only difference I see in the log with bloom is this:

Mesa: User error: GL_INVALID_ENUM in glTexParameter(param=0x0)
    Ubuntu 9.04, RV710
    radeonhd, mesa, agd5f's drm built from latest git (yes, I make clean'd this time :P )

Looks like a general mesa issue rather than something specific to r600. A bisect would be helpful.

I just got nexuiz running, great work guys! :D

Less luck with UT, it crashes at the splash screen:
    Code:
    ut2004-bin: radeon_common.c:1257: rcommonEnsureCmdBufSpace: Assertion `rmesa->cmdbuf.cs->cdw' failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils View Post
    The "r600: fix texcoords from constants" fix also makes nexuiz work a bit better. I can now enter a map and play for a while.
    Unfortunately all my opponents seem so be invisible. Also, after a minute or two nexuiz crashes with:
    Code:
    drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.
    dmesg says:
    Code:
    [ 5214.471745] [drm:radeon_cs_ioctl] *ERROR* cs->dwords too big: 16387
    I get the same error message when running xbmc.

What awesome news this is.

Quake Live runs great, but Wine games are unusably slow -- I've tried Deus Ex and SimCity 4. Deus Ex is slow whether you use the OpenGL renderer or the D3D one. OpenGL is a bit faster, but still in the neighborhood of 5fps on my 3870.

This is on Karmic + Xorg Crack, no KMS. Anyone seeing good Wine performance?

I think Wine tends to want GLSL and GL 2.0; the current drivers aren't there yet. The big obstacle was a good kernel memory manager, which is now pretty much done (GEM/TTM) so work is starting on supporting higher levels of GL.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffp View Post
    What awesome news this is.

Quake Live runs great, but Wine games are unusably slow -- I've tried Deus Ex and SimCity 4. Deus Ex is slow whether you use the OpenGL renderer or the D3D one. OpenGL is a bit faster, but still in the neighborhood of 5fps on my 3870.

This is on Karmic + Xorg Crack, no KMS. Anyone seeing good Wine performance?
    Strange, Deus Ex plays fine here on a HD 3200 (Ubuntu 9.04), not slow at all, same for Half-Life.