Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac OS X 10.6 Brings Serious Performance Gains

Quote Originally Posted by nanonyme View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Who know what Michael meant to write, dictionary meaning is anyway http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/appalled
    Eh, that sentence didn't come out how I intended it to, but that's just what happened after working on this article the past ~18 hours straight. Anyways, made a simple change to fix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "FYI the OGL regessions are a "Doh" flub (grrr damn nda's). 10.6.1 should fix it. "

LOL..... NDA?... LOL

realy there is no need to explain and 10.6.1 will have other regessions with or witout the OGL fix.

the regession is simpel OpenGL3.1 do not work on the same time on the same VGA with OpenCL!

Wow! You really are a complete DUMB ASS that knows NOTHING about openCL. Really you have NO CLUE. Not one test utilized openCL. If there is no openCL code to be ran then there is NO loss of openGL rendering due to the shaders being used for openCL. Please Qaridarium, try to keep your comments on subjects that you might actually have a clue about. Clearly GPU computing is not one of them. Applications don't "automagically" use openCL.

BTW Michael, did you hold down the "6" and "4" keys during startup when benching the mac mini 2? Otherwise it will default to 32-bit mode. Only Xserves default to 64-bit.

Alternatively you can use a nice little applet to do this to boot in 64-bit mode:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Downl...1-120399.shtml
    Last edited by deanjo; 08-29-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Thumbs down I really do NOT WANT any Apple product review on Phoronix!!!!

we remain friendly and interested in other BSD and UNIX operating systems too, including Mac OS X
    I totally disagree.

I'm not friendly with Apple, not at all.

I really do not like any Apple locked-in products review here on Phoronix. I was thinking about support Phoronix with donation and subscribe service, but if you continue with this advertising for Apple Locked-in stealed opensource software, i will unsubscribe from this site and i think a lot of people who think about REAL opensource software and company business.

I really like your site and your great work, but i think it's also right to talk about what's it's not good on your site, IMHO. Just my 2 cents, Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I totally disagree.

I really do not like any Apple locked-in products review here on Phoronix. I was thinking about support Phoronix with donation and subscribe service, but if you continue with this advertising for Apple Locked-in stealed opensource software, i will unsubscribe from this site and i think a lot of people who think about REAL opensource software and company business.

I really like your site and your great work, but i think it's also right to talk about what's it's not good on your site, IMHO. Just my 2 cents, Michael.
    FYI, the opensource that Apple uses remains opensource. It also abides by their respective licences. Apple also sponsors or owns opensource projects such as openCL, CUPS, LLVM, Clang, webkit, etc.. Sounds like your more pissed off that Apple is not completely open source to which I would love to point out that the biggest linux contributors also have their completely closed projects.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I totally disagree.

Well, I dislike also Apple and Maco$X much more than window$ even and hell noone can feel how MUCH I dislike window$ But the best way to see the achievements and performance of free software is to benchmark them all together. While is nice to compare Ubuntu vs Fedora and see the possible boosts and regressions with the newer kernels and xorg, the biggest deal is to see the progress that Linux, OpenSolaris etc have made so far against the commercial competitors if we want one day to see a larger adoption of Linux around the world. Don't tell me that you didn't like that last article when Ubuntu 64 screwed Maco$X
    Last edited by Apopas; 08-29-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    Well, I dislike also Apple and Maco$X much more than window$ even and hell noone can feel how MUCH I dislike window$ But the best way to see the achievements and performance of free software is to benchmark them all together. While is nice to compare Ubuntu vs Fedora and see the possible boosts and regressions with the newer kernels and xorg, the biggest deal is to see the progress that Linux, OpenSolaris etc have made so far against the commercial competitors if we want one day to see a larger adoption of Linux around the world. Don't tell me that you didn't like that last article when Ubuntu 64 screwed Maco$X
    Nothing would ever improve if you didn't compare your solution to the alternatives. Competition breed innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Nothing would ever improve if you didn't compare your solution to the alternatives. Competition breed innovation.
    Did I say something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Apopas View Post
    Did I say something different?
    Nope, just agreeing with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    Nope, just agreeing with ya.
    That's really weird
    Usually you put words in my keyboard.