Catalyst 9.9 + Left4Dead (Steam) using WINE Results in Flickering
Hello there fellow ATI'rs. My apologies for posting on this forum, as I know this isn't a WINE support forum, but think that it's relevant to the ATI drivers themselves, so I figured this was the best choice.
* Getting Left4Dead to work in WINE
* When I get "in game" there is significant flickering (many flickers per second). -- NOTE that the menus work fine, as does the loading screen, it's not until the in-game portion is loaded that the flickering begins.
* (also I have no audio/sound in this game, but that's neither here nor there)
An important point to note is that I have the following games already working:
* Warcraft III, Starcraft, Flatout2, Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance, etc. -- this tells me that there's something "missing" in the current ATI driver which is causing this Left4Dead issue?
Here's my config:
* Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty
* ATI Radeon (01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV770 [Radeon HD 4870])
* Latest fglrx driver's from ATI (Catalyst 9.9)
* Wine version 1.1.28 (also tried 1.1.27 & 1.1.30)
I've posted a similar message on the WineHQ site (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=14592 : Thread="October 1st 2009, 14:28"), and someone has made suggestions in fiddling with ATI driver settings. Could someone from ATI please confirm that this is the correct route to take?