Thread: Problem after switch to dependency based boot

Default Problem after switch to dependency based boot

A couple of days ago the current Debian testing brought the new version of sysv-rc which switched to dependency based boot. Since then I get some error messages while booting. It's not affecting the system for real as everything is working as usual. But it's kind of annoying. As the problems occur before any kind of logging (at least the logging I know) I had to take a picture:

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Do any of the initscripts remount the filesystem as writable?
    Is that initscript actually being run?
    In your grub or lilo config file, do the kernel parameters include "ro"? (that means mount the filesystem read only, its normal - usually in most distros an initscript later remounts it writable).

I checked my grub.cfg and it's mounting read-only. So I changed that but it doesn't fix the problem.

Hmm... if the kernel is initially mounting it writable then that shouldn't be happening.

I'll try it again editing the entry in grub itself.

didn't the files in grub2 have to be changed in /etc/grub then parsed to grub.cfg? Is the required mod files available?

I'm not using grub2 yet but have played with it a little.

I didn't find an easy option to change the ro in there. The only thing I found was editing the script /etc/grub.d/10_linux so I thought for a test changing it directly inside /boot/grub/grub.cfg would be fine. But because of that I'll edit it on the fly the next time I'll boot this machine!