Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: 190.32 (beta) Linux x86/x86-64 released

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default 190.32 (beta) Linux x86/x86-64 released

    Release Notes

    Release highlights:
    • Added support for IgnoreEDIDChecksum X configuration option, which can be used to force the X driver to accept the EDID of a display device even when the checksum is invalid. Please see the README IgnoreEDIDChecksum description for a caution and details of use.
    • Added support for configuring the GPU's fan speed; see the "Coolbits" X configuration option in the README.
    • Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause visible corruption near the bottom edge of the picture when decoding VC-1 simple/main profile clips whose heights are not exact multiples of 16 pixels, on GPUs with VDPAU feature set A.
    • On GPUs with VDPAU feature set C, VDPAU now supports decoding MPEG-4 Part 2, DivX 4, and DivX 5 video. The VDPAU API has been enhanced to expose this feature.
    • On GPUs with VDPAU feature set C, VDPAU now supports a higher quality video scaling algorithm. The VDPAU API has been enhanced to expose this feature.

    Please note that the new VDPAU features are only available with VDPAU feature set C. See the supported product list in the README for a table of which GPUs have which feature set.

    The 190.32 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86 is available for download via FTP.
    The 190.32 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86_64 is available for download via FTP.

    Please see the README (x86, x86_64) for more information about this release.

    Please note: This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports GeForce 6xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx and 71.86.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.

    Please also note: If you encounter any problems with the 190.32 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678 for details).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    In case your wondering the GPU's that support feature set C are

    GeForce GT 230M 0x0A2A C
    GeForce GT 240M 0x0A34 C
    GeForce G210M 0x0A74 C
    GeForce GTS 260M 0x0CA8 C
    GeForce GTS 250M 0x0CA9 C

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arctic circle, Finland
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    In case your wondering the GPU's that support feature set C are

    GeForce GT 230M 0x0A2A C
    GeForce GT 240M 0x0A34 C
    GeForce G210M 0x0A74 C
    GeForce GTS 260M 0x0CA8 C
    GeForce GTS 250M 0x0CA9 C
    Hmm mobile gpus, are there any desktop ones with that kind of feature sets, or is it need of little architecture changes firts(OEM 210 220)? According to this it should be most advanced method by nvidia.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuke81 View Post
    Hmm mobile gpus, are there any desktop ones with that kind of feature sets, or is it need of little architecture changes firts(OEM 210 220)? According to this it should be most advanced method by nvidia.
    AFIK it's only on the mobiles which actually makes sense as they would benefit more then desktops from the lower power consumption by using vdpau even on mpeg4 layer 2 stuff. It would be interesting to see if it works with stuff encoded with Nero's codec.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    I notice that the nvcontrol panel has been updated to 1.20 as well. Probably to accomodate the new fan control.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arctic circle, Finland
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    AFIK it's only on the mobiles which actually makes sense as they would benefit more then desktops from the lower power consumption by using vdpau even on mpeg4 layer 2 stuff. It would be interesting to see if it works with stuff encoded with Nero's codec.
    Yes, but it's would be intresting to know, are there any connection to hardware capabilities. I'm not sure are those 260M and 250M dx10.1 hardware(shader mode 4.1) and is that something to do with diffenrent feature sets. Becouse OEM desktop graphics cards gt220 and gt230 has that dx10.1 hardware and I think those lower mobile gpu parts are too.

    Interestingly enough those oem parts are not even in supported list:
    http://http.download.nvidia.com/XFre...ppendix-a.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuke81 View Post
    Yes, but it's would be intresting to know, are there any connection to hardware capabilities. I'm not sure are those 260M and 250M dx10.1 hardware(shader mode 4.1) and is that something to do with diffenrent feature sets. Becouse OEM desktop graphics cards gt220 and gt230 has that dx10.1 hardware and I think those lower mobile gpu parts are too.

    Interestingly enough those oem parts are not even in supported list:
    http://http.download.nvidia.com/XFre...ppendix-a.html
    Oh they probably will but given that those sku's have yet to officially launch I doubt you would see them in the support list until that happens. As well you can pretty much bet that the GT300 based cards will support it as well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post
    AFIK it's only on the mobiles which actually makes sense as they would benefit more then desktops from the lower power consumption by using vdpau even on mpeg4 layer 2 stuff. It would be interesting to see if it works with stuff encoded with Nero's codec.
    erhm.. a better scaling algorithm would seem to be something desktop users could be interrested in aswell?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Did somebody notice the 1 behind B standing for:

    VDPAU FEATURES NOTE 1

    GPUs with this note may not support H.264 streams with the following widths:
    49, 54, 59, 64, 113, 118, 123, 128 macroblocks (769-784, 849-864, 929-944,
    1009-1024, 1793-1808, 1873-1888, 1953-1968, 2033-2048 pixels).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Third Rock from the Sun
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Did somebody notice the 1 behind B standing for:

    VDPAU FEATURES NOTE 1

    GPUs with this note may not support H.264 streams with the following widths:
    49, 54, 59, 64, 113, 118, 123, 128 macroblocks (769-784, 849-864, 929-944,
    1009-1024, 1793-1808, 1873-1888, 1953-1968, 2033-2048 pixels).
    That limitation has been in the notes for a while.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •