Thread: Intel Moblin 2.1 Preview

Default Intel Moblin 2.1 Preview

Phoronix: Intel Moblin 2.1 Preview

A few hours ago we talked about the Moblin 2.0 release, the launch of the Moblin Garage and Moblin Application Installer, and the next Moblin 2.1 release. Intel has provided an early development preview of the Moblin 2.1 operating system, which we briefly tested out on a Samsung NC10 netbook. Here are the screenshots and a few more details.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=14211

I really don't get why vesa is not possible to detect? In Vbox i always have to use ctrl-f1, then login as root (pw: moblin) and run startx. That's pure crap!

I don't understand why they insist on these greyscale icons. They just don't fit with the colorful ones on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I really don't get why vesa is not possible to detect? In Vbox i always have to use ctrl-f1, then login as root (pw: moblin) and run startx. That's pure crap!
    Care to rephrase. I don't think that made any sense.

Anyone tried 2.1 and can confirm 3G support? Also, what kernel is default for 2.1?

Thanks

Btw. the preinstalled flash 10 plugin is outdated, r22 is vulnerable, r32 is current. Check with:

about:plugins

@nanonyme

It seems it ONLY works correctly with intel onboard, vesa fallback is not possilbe they implemented it. That's really stupid.

I really wish I could run Moblin on my 2nd notebook which is a cheap Inspiron 1200. I think it would be pretty well suited (Pentium M 1.73GHZ w/ 1024x768 display) but unfortunately no SSE3.

Any word on whether Moblin 2.1 will support many of the newer netbooks coming out with the GMA500 (Poulsbo) chipset?