Thread: New OpenChrome Driver Release (v0.2.904)

Default New OpenChrome Driver Release (v0.2.904)

Phoronix: New OpenChrome Driver Release (v0.2.904)

It's been a while since the last OpenChrome driver release for VIA hardware (14 months), but in order to offer compatibility with X.Org 7.5 / X Server 1.7, the team quickly rushed out a new release.Some of the improvements made to this VIA DDX driver that competes with xf86-video-via and xf86-video-unichrome include VX800 support, basic VX855 support, CX700/VX800 integrated TMDS support, ARGB cursor support, and oanel mode-setting code rework. There's also been assorted bug-fixes and other work piling up in this driver over the past year too.The release announcement for the xf86-video-openchrome 0.2.904 driver can be found on the X.Org mailing list...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzU5Mg

OMFG!

I used the svn versions for the mentioned 14 months and longer. LOL. And now they really have a release. And yes, there was development. Slow but still alive. I used the old driver from Luc Verhaegen on my cle266 which was ok but later on I switched to openchrome and this has been the best working one for me. Still not really great but hey...
    Also for this I whished that the spread development would cather and concentrate on one project just bringing these stupid chips to fly. I mean this cle266 is now so old, I mean who (besides me) uses it anyway? And still no full support.
    And these VIA mini-ITX would have been so nice HTPCs, silent, low power uptake, also suitable for lightweight servers with the right boards if it wasn't for the GPUs. (Okay, a fileserver won't really need a GPU but ...)
    I'm glad to have my ATI cards in my main boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarion View Post
    OMFG!

I used the svn versions for the mentioned 14 months and longer. LOL. And now they really have a release. And yes, there was development. Slow but still alive. I used the old driver from Luc Verhaegen on my cle266 which was ok but later on I switched to openchrome and this has been the best working one for me. Still not really great but hey...
    Also for this I whished that the spread development would cather and concentrate on one project just bringing these stupid chips to fly. I mean this cle266 is now so old, I mean who (besides me) uses it anyway? And still no full support.
    And these VIA mini-ITX would have been so nice HTPCs, silent, low power uptake, also suitable for lightweight servers with the right boards if it wasn't for the GPUs. (Okay, a fileserver won't really need a GPU but ...)
    I'm glad to have my ATI cards in my main boxes.
    I do not understand your sarcasm, Adarion. It is miracle what can do such small development team as openchrome!