Thread: 2009 Graphics Survey

Default 2009 Graphics Survey

The 2009 Linux Graphics Survey is planned to get underway on the 1st of November. Most of the questions have been finalized already, but does anyone have any compelling questions they would like to know from the Linux user community about graphics? If you have any, get the questions in ASAP.

Last year's survey: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13284

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The 2009 Linux Graphics Survey is planned to get underway on the 1st of November. Most of the questions have been finalized already, but does anyone have any compelling questions they would like to know from the Linux user community about graphics? If you have any, get the questions in ASAP.

Last year's survey: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13284
    I have two Linux machines with different graphics card brands in use. Please make sure that one can have more than option. I consider both my "Main machine".

Since the relationship between answers is important (eg you use *this* hardware for *these* activities but *that* hardware for *those* activities) would it make sense to ask readers to fill out the survey once for each system ?

What video outputs do you have / what video outputs do you use?

I'd like to see the following questions.

Monitor setup
    - Single display
    - Multi-display
    - xinerama
    - randr 1.2

Resolution
    - 2560x1600 +
    - 1600x1200-2560x1600
    - 1280x1024-1600x1200
    - 1280x1024-

MultiGPU
    - Multi-GPU in Crossfire
    - Multi-GPU in Multi-head
    - Multi-GPU in Multi-head+Xinerama

For the "Which video driver" question, I would like to see an option for the X.org state tracker ("modesetting" driver)

Also I build all my packages from source (xf86-video-ati and mesa from git) as I use Gentoo. So should I check "Using the distribution-supplied driver or from a package repository" or "Building from source using git" or both?

Maybe the "building from source" option should read "building from upstream source" for clarity ?

"Note: Participants should fill out this form once for each Linux system they use. If a question or none of the options apply, you can leave the question blank."

I can't read...

So, I filled it in once, for two systems. Sorry, I didn't see that text until I already had hit the send button.

[x] 1680x1050