Unsupported Hardware watermark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupported Hardware watermark

Hello, I have an xfx Radeon HD 5770 card, and I know its not fully supported by the latest fglrx yet, but modesetting and 3d works to a degree. Is there a way to get rid of the AMD Unsupported Hardware watermark, as I know its not fully supported?

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
    for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
     sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
    done
    Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Code:
      #!/bin/sh
      DRIVER=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
      for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
       sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
      done
      Have fun
      Wow, gross. I thought 9.10 was supposed to add 5750 and 5770 support. In any case many thanks. I have ubuntu 9.10 (catalyst and ubuntu) with a 5770 and that fixed the problem. The card seems okay so far. Seems kinda silly to have to binary hack the driver, but otherwise video playback, compiz, and related works. I'm having some cursor problems on my dual head when I get near certain areas of the screen the cursor disappears.

Thanks again.

Comment

watermark fix

this fix works for Mandriva linux 2010.- as well. thanks!!

Comment

This works on Linux Mint 8 64 bit too. Thanks!

Comment

Hi, a month ago i had the same problem but with Kano's code it work, but now i update to ubuntu 10.4 and i can't turn on the "Meny->System->Preferences->"Appearence"" (portuguese ubuntu don't know the english word), so i wnet to hardware and drivers menu and it said to Activate the driver FGLRX ATI/AMD but i got this whindow:

SystemError: installArchives() failed

ALSO in update manager i have an update "fglrx(new instalation)" and when i try to install i got this error: (I will try to translate the best i can)
            first i got this window:
            "you have 1 broken package in your system ! use the filter "broken" to trace then."
            i close the window and then it star to install but pop other window:
            "Error details

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/fglrx_2%3a8.723.1-0ubuntu3_i386.deb: subprocesso novo script pre-installation retornou erro do status de sa?da 1
            "
            i close the window and other pop

" update is not completed (...)

i couldn't copy the text soo i print screen it
            "

i hope you can understand sorry my english,
            waiting for help
            thanks

Comment

Hi, a month ago i had the same problem but with Kano's code it work, but now i update to ubuntu 10.4 and i can't turn on the "Meny->System->Preferences->"Appearence"" (portuguese ubuntu don't know the english word), so i wnet to hardware and drivers menu and it said to Activate the driver FGLRX ATI/AMD but i got this whindow:

SystemError: installArchives() failed

ALSO in update manager i have an update "fglrx(new instalation)" and when i try to install i got this error: (I will try to translate the best i can)
              first i got this window:
              "you have 1 broken package in your system ! use the filter "broken" to trace then."
              i close the window and then it star to install but pop other window:
              "Error details

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/fglrx_2%3a8.723.1-0ubuntu3_i386.deb: subprocesso novo script pre-installation retornou erro do status de sa?da 1
              "
              i close the window and other pop

" update is not completed (...)
              i couldn't copy the text soo i print screen it
              "

i hope you can understand sorry my english,
              waiting for help
              thanks

Comment

The problem is when you run the ati-installer purely on U and then install fglrx via jockey/apt your system will break. Somebody reported that my script fixed it. Be sure that you NEVER run the ati installer on U again. Only via

Comment

i don't understand what you mean, i'm really dump on linux, could you tell me the what i have to do or write to resolve this problem? like i said in version 9.4 i had that unsupported watermark, i download the last driver, install with a command and do that code in console, saw this in a post of yours.
                  now i update to 10.4 in update manager, and i have this error of "broken package" and fglrx update dont install. i already try do:

sudo apt-get -f install

but it dont work:

"magrinho@magrinho-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get -f install
                  [sudo] password for magrinho:
                  A ler as listas de pacotes... Pronto
                  A construir ?rvore de depend?ncias
                  A ler a informa??o de estado... Pronto
                  A corrigir depend?ncias... Feito
                  Os seguintes pacotes foram instalados automaticamente e j? n?o s?o necess?rios:
                  linux-headers-2.6.31-14 fakeroot fglrx sdparm libqtcore4 dkms fglrx-amdcccle
                  openoffice.org-hyphenation python-pysqlite2 libqtgui4 patch
                  linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic libaudio2
                  Utilize 'apt-get autoremove' para os remover.
                  Os seguintes pacotes extra ser?o instalados:
                  fglrx
                  Ser?o instalados os seguintes NOVOS pacotes:
                  fglrx
                  0 pacotes actualizados, 1 pacotes novos instalados, 0 a remover e 0 n?o actualizados.
                  1 pacotes n?o totalmente instalados ou removidos.
                  ? necess?rio obter 0B/18,2MB de arquivos.
                  Ap?s esta opera??o, ser?o utilizados 60,0MB adicionais de espa?o em disco.
                  Deseja continuar [Y/n]? y
                  (A ler a base de dados ... 173431 ficheiros e direct?rios actualmente instalados.)
                  A descompactar fglrx (desde .../fglrx_2%3a8.723.1-0ubuntu3_i386.deb) ...

[Warning] Uninstall : inst_path_default or inst_path_override
                  does not exist in /etc/ati. This suggests that the ATI driver
                  is not installed, the ATI driver is only partially installed,
                  or the current ATI driver installed is an older version than the
                  one this script was designed for. Both files listed above are
                  required for determining where installed files are located.
                  To force uninstallation of the driver by guessing where the
                  uninstallation files are located, set the FORCE_ATI_UNINSTALL
                  environment variable and re-run /usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh (this is not recommended).

dpkg: erro ao processar /var/cache/apt/archives/fglrx_2%3a8.723.1-0ubuntu3_i386.deb (--unpack):
                  subprocesso novo script pre-installation retornou erro do status de sa?da 1
                  Foram encontrados erros enquanto processava:
                  /var/cache/apt/archives/fglrx_2%3a8.723.1-0ubuntu3_i386.deb
                  E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
                  magrinho@magrinho-laptop:~$
                  "
                  thanks for helping me.

Comment

export FORCE_ATI_UNINSTALL=1

then try again.

Comment

Working...
                    X