Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

You must be really lucky that it even began to decode. Which card did you use and what driver?

Quote Originally Posted by doubledr View Post
    I bought a 3850 two years ago and believed eventually my card would have hardware acceleration support. Now this day comes. But thank you ATI. You really makes me feel upset/betrayed. AMD/ATI you betray all faithful buyers who bought your RV6xx even though the performance was worse than Nvidia. I can tolerate the buggy fglrx, I can tolerate my wine broken all the time, but why fglrx can't even bring a small happiness to its RV6xx buyer?! I really think my requirement for fglrx is quite low. I just want hardware acceleration for video decoding so I can watch some 1080p video in linux environment. ATI/AMD, you really break my heart.
    realy its a good move to drop fglrx ....

i will tell you some points!

OpenCL/fglrx do not work on hd2000/HD3xxx openCL/radeon will work on HD3xxx

Viedeo acceleration/fglrx do not work on hd3xxx but will work on Radeon/Galium3D...

FGLRX will not have kernel mod settings ....

FGLRX is a Lame-Duck no one sould care abaut it..

@kano

HD 3200 with catalyst 9.10

Quote Originally Posted by avsa242 View Post
    I'll have to find some more taxing clips, but in my experience so far, this has pretty impressive results. I've been trying some of the various h.264 clips (trying to find the highest frame size and bitrate ones I can) on http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

This isn't a comprehensive, or particularly scientific benchmark, but it gives an idea of the difference in processor (CPU) usage between Xv and XvBA. I'm using htop to monitor mplayer, btw.

Phenom II 810 (2.6GHz), MSI 790GX-G65 using onboard HD3300:

I am Legend 1080p (really 816p):
    without XvBA: max 77% CPU
    with XvBA: max 3% CPU

Coraline 1080p (from the link at the top of the page at Digital Digest)

without XvBA: spiked at 99% usage 102secs into the clip, mplayer complains system is too slow, but for the most part was 30-70%
    with XvBA: %2-3

So far any of the others I've played back give the same results: no more than %3 usage. If anyone knows of a particularly strenuous clip I'd like to try it.

Cheers,
    Jesse
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/132004/Pl...mple_16ref.mkv (The well-known Bird documetary , 1080p H.264)

http://showcase7.divx.com/ElephantsDream[DivX7].mkv (Open Source animated video , 1080p H.264)

http://www.andyqos.ukfsn.org/BBCHD-P-40.ts (BBC TV clip , 1080p H.264)

http://video.fraps.com/sunrise.zip (Game Video ,720p 60fps! , VC-1)
    Last edited by tuxdriver; 11-03-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    You'll get decode acceleration one way or another - might be open source drivers, might be fglrx.
    lol, how come is it a "might be"?! I thought open source driver is the only option I have... Oh, my friend, don't give me hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    realy its a good move to drop fglrx ....

i will tell you some points!

OpenCL/fglrx do not work on hd2000/HD3xxx openCL/radeon will work on HD3xxx

Viedeo acceleration/fglrx do not work on hd3xxx but will work on Radeon/Galium3D...

FGLRX will not have kernel mod settings ....

FGLRX is a Lame-Duck no one sould care abaut it..
    Just wondering, why do you change your attitude so much about fglrx? Does it break your heart?~~~~~~~ LOL
    Last edited by doubledr; 11-03-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.1

Also hangs mplayer after a while here....

Just wondering, why do you change your attitude so much about fglrx? Does it break your heart?~~~~~~~ LOL
    i do not have a problem with the FGLRX i buy a 4670 and sell my 3850 only for full featured FGRLX...

i do not have problems.. i Buy a new graficcard every time!

you have the problem with the FGLRX!

and i tould you Drop FGLRX driver for old hardware and use/help the opensource driver!
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 11-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.

lol, how come is it a "might be"?! I thought open source driver is the only option I have... Oh, my friend, don't give me hope...
    What I know is that there will be shader-based decode acceleration in the open source drivers. Don't assume any more than that.

Okay I just had my 3rd reboot due to a X Server lock up today , I'm done testing. F*ck UVD, I'll wait for the stable open source shader based solution.

Quote Originally Posted by monraaf View Post
    Okay I just had my 3rd reboot due to a X Server lock up today , I'm done testing. F*ck UVD, I'll wait for the stable open source shader based solution.
    hahahaaaa muhhahhaaaa i tould you the opensource driver will DOOOM the FGLRX...