Page 108 of 117 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1167

Thread: AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

  1. #1071
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mibo View Post
    With the new Cat 10.12 driver for Windows there are OpenCL functions covering video decoding.
    Are these functions a standard that can be used (maybe in the future) with other vendors gpus, too?
    Will this replace the XvBA library?

    \bin\x86\OVDecode.dll
    \include\OVDecode\OVDecode.h
    \include\OVDecode\OVDecodeTypes.h
    \lib\x86\OVDecode.lib

    Does it mean that OpenCL is capable of providing a low level backend for video acceleration? I'm deciding now which GPU to buy ATI or NVIDIA, and one of the things that hold me off from ATI, is the lack of VDPAU which was recently used in accelerating Flash videos. It is quite frustrating to watch them being real slow while Windows has no such issues. Now since OpenCL provides primitives for video acceleration, is it possible to implement VDPAU API on top of OpenCL. VDPAU is an open API as it is stated on the wikipedia page, and there are even sources available. Is it feasible to do so? (I could even try doing it myself, but sadly I have no experience working with video-codecs whatsoever).

  2. #1072
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbeauche View Post
    Can you test xvba-video 0.7.7.pre2. If it works, I will make it final and switch to 0.8.x-series for probably OVDECODE_API.
    Interesting

    if you Just Happen to also add the ability to pass these decoded OVD_NV12_INTERLEAVED_AMD = 1, // NV12 Linear Interleaved frames to a pipe or whatever for feeding directly to x264/FFmpeg etc as a quick generic Test option , that would be a 'VERY GOOD Thing' in the long term too Perhaps

  3. #1073
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Creve Coeur, Missouri
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL

  4. #1074
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Creve Coeur, Missouri
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL
    Q, that is.

  5. #1075
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    Are you already enjoying it? :P You never really shut your mouth, do you? LOL
    "Q, that is. "

    i really shoult shot myself in the heat for not shut up my mouth,,,

  6. #1076
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Creve Coeur, Missouri
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "Q, that is. "

    i really shoult shot myself in the heat for not shut up my mouth,,,
    You really need to quit spoiling the surprises for everyone :P

  7. #1077
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxID10T View Post
    You really need to quit spoiling the surprises for everyone :P
    i'm innocent ....

  8. #1078
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    257

    Angry Yes, it is... We're out of luck

    Quote Originally Posted by bwat47 View Post
    So UVD1 cards are fucked for vaapi? I've been trying to get vaapi working with my hd2600 with mplayer-vaapi and vlc and ended up with the same libraries as you but unfortunately my output is always totally garbled.
    Yes it is...

    This problem is also happening on Windows 7... I don't know what happened to recent ATI drivers, but this card in the decoded H264 and VC-1 videos properly on Windows Vista / Windows 7 before. Now, it doesn't (in both Windows and linux Catalyst drivers...).
    With relative recent versions of xvba-video and Catalyst Linux 10.x (between Catalyst 10.4 and Catalyst 10.7), we could decode videos properly with a UVD1 card. Now (with catalyst 10.8-10.12), nothing.

    Cheers

    p.s.: Btw, UVD2 cards (HD4xxx and higher) seem to work properly with recent Catalysts... (Tested on my desktop's HD4650, with Catalyst 10.12)

  9. #1079
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Yes it is...

    This problem is also happening on Windows 7... I don't know what happened to recent ATI drivers, but this card in the decoded H264 and VC-1 videos properly on Windows Vista / Windows 7 before. Now, it doesn't (in both Windows and linux Catalyst drivers...).
    With relative recent versions of xvba-video and Catalyst Linux 10.x (between Catalyst 10.4 and Catalyst 10.7), we could decode videos properly with a UVD1 card. Now (with catalyst 10.8-10.12), nothing.

    Cheers

    p.s.: Btw, UVD2 cards (HD4xxx and higher) seem to work properly with recent Catalysts... (Tested on my desktop's HD4650, with Catalyst 10.12)
    Yeah I was just reading on another forum in a thread about the windows driver that a lot of people were getting green garbled playback flash videos like I got with vaapi in linux.

  10. #1080
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Starting from (xvba-video_0.7.7.pre1-1_i386), ASS Karaoke effects used in conjunction with plain ASS subtitles, cause the plain ASS subtitles to flicker like crazy. This is on a HD4830, Ubuntu 10.10, Catalyst 10.11, & mplayer-vaapi-20100713.

    The subtitle flickering is not present using (xvba-video_0.7.6-1_i386).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •