Hi there - I have a problem with vlc and VAAPI.
I managed to get VAAPI to work properly. On a Radeon HD 4250 vlc only consumes 30-40% of CPU for 1080p playback (before: 100%).
The weird thing is that Xorg now consumes 89% of the CPU, which prevents smooth video playback (the video itself is played back, no artifacts). What can I do against this?
libva: libva version 0.31.1-sds1
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA API version: 0.31
vainfo: Driver version: Splitted-Desktop Systems XvBA backend for VA-API - 0.7.7
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD
This is on a Ubuntu 10.10 machine. I've tried both Catalyst 10.10 and 10.12 - they both cause the Xorg-VAAPI issue. When I disable HW-decoding in vlc, Xorg goes down to 2% CPU load - but obviously vlc is at 100% without VAAPI
X-Video Extension version 2.2
Adaptor #0: "ATI Radeon AVIVO Video"
number of ports: 4
port base: 143
operations supported: PutImage