Page 41 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Hi.

I had Catalyst 9.11 installed so I couldn't make it work that way. I thought that was the reason. I uninstalled 9.11 and installed 9.10. Re-installed libav, xvba-video and re-execute the script (except the pbuild, just did 'configure' && 'make' by myself)

Well, it keeps failing. The error is /usr/lib/libXvBAW.so.1 does not exist.
    I found it in /usr/lib32. I copied libXvBAW.so.1.0 to /usr/lib and did the symlink. The error this time was that logically it was not a 64 bits lib.

So, I wonder how i got the 32 bits version of the library. Catalyst 9.10, libva, and xvba-video were 64 bits.

Any idea to get the 64 bit libraries?

Well ATI is very clever to make it extra difficult to get the correct libs on 64 bit systems when you run the official installer without packageing. Look at this:

Code:
                        #[WL} Remove 64bit support for Maximus as it is not currently ready
                        #cp -R arch/${ArchDir}/usr/X11R6/lib64/libAMDXvBA*.* \
                        #      ${TmpDrvFilesDir}/${ATI_XLIB_64}
                        #cp -R arch/${ArchDir}/usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvBAW*.* \
                        #      ${TmpDrvFilesDir}/${ATI_XLIB_64}
    Taken from ati-installer.sh. So you have to --extract the package to remove those # and execute ati-installer.sh. Maybe somebody from ATI could remove the # by default soon...

So thank you mate.

I extracted the source packages and copied libXvBAW.so.1.0 to /usr/lib. It's working now.

I've seen a new .deb version of xvba-video has just come out today (well, at least today for my time zone, cause yesterday it wasn't there). It seems it supports (kind of) subtitles.

Yes, my script is updated already, however i would really prefer when there would be debs with latest instead of the current version as symlink too. That's stupid this way that i have to change my script everytime.

@kano: what parameter should I use to watch interlaced material (e.g. 1080i)? Is it possible anyway? I keep getting vf scale error messages the way I start mplayer with interlaced material.

In theory you could press D with vaapi now too (before it was vdpau only). But xvba-video does not support it, so you lost -vf is not possible to use with vaapi/vdpau anyway as it is rendered by the card itself. It works with nvida backend with the simple deinterlacer that should support even 8400 GS or ION.

Default mplayer-vaapi cropping

Has anybody else noticed video scaling problems with mplayer-vaapi and xvba? It's cropping out the bottom 8% or so of videos for me. Using this test video, it's pretty easy to see XvBA's cropping. I first noticed it when some subtitled seemed misaligned, but then I realized that they were hard subs embedded in the video stream..

Here are comparison screenshots of the video playing at native res (640x480):
    Software rendering
    XvBA rendering

I'm using:
    mplayer-vaapi-20091127
    xvba-video-0.5.4.x86_64
    libva-0.31.0
    Catalyst 9.10
    ATi HD4870

Quote Originally Posted by xipu View Post
    Has anybody else noticed video scaling problems with mplayer-vaapi and xvba? It's cropping out the bottom 8% or so of videos for me. Using this test video, it's pretty easy to see XvBA's cropping. I first noticed it when some subtitled seemed misaligned, but then I realized that they were hard subs embedded in the video stream..
    It's working for me but I am using MPlayer 2009/12/07 and fglrx 8.69. Not tried with older versions yet.

Currently i have much more problems to find a m2ts movie with H264 WITHOUT wrong colors. I tested win with the same card (4550) and of course there was no such problem. It seems for xvba is not so much code shared with dxva..

Quote Originally Posted by gbeauche View Post
    It's working for me but I am using MPlayer 2009/12/07 and fglrx 8.69. Not tried with older versions yet.
    Hm, I still see the issue with mplayer-vaapi-20091209. Perhaps you don't see overscan with vaapi output due to a newer fglrx driver. I'm using the 9-10 release (8.661), and my understanding is that 9-11 release (8.671) is incompatible with mplayer-vaapi. Is the 8.69 driver expected for public release in January '10? Any links to beta versions would be much appreciated.