Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedora 12 Released To The Wild

Default Fedora 12 Released To The Wild

Phoronix: Fedora 12 Released To The Wild

It's one of the last major distribution updates coming out this year, but Fedora 12 (codenamed "Constantine") is now available. Fedora 12 features performance improvements, Ogg Theora 1.1 support, graphics improvements (including ATI kernel mode-setting by default), many virtualization improvements, PulseAudio improvements, Multi-Pointer X with X.Org 7.5 / X Server 1.7, and many other new features. The Fedora 12 release announcement can be read on the Fedora Wiki while the various spins of Fedora 12 can be downloaded at FedoraProject.org...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzcxMw

And not to mention experimental R6xx/7xx 3D !!!

Which package was it again to have R6xx/7xx 3D? The one you need to install.

Anyways, download the ISO now, Fedora 12 again seems to be a very interesting release. I don't like some of Fedora's decisions like SELinux, but features like being very uptodate, Delta RPMs etc. are great

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    Which package was it again to have R6xx/7xx 3D? The one you need to install.

Anyways, download the ISO now, Fedora 12 again seems to be a very interesting release. I don't like some of Fedora's decisions like SELinux, but features like being very uptodate, Delta RPMs etc. are great
    mesa-dri-drivers-experimental

Smile

Thanks to every single dev. Thanks you so much for this great operating system!

Took them long enough to get delta RPM support.

This release is simply brilliant! The mesa-dri-drivers-experimental package works flawlessly for my use (compiz + vlc video). Quick and zippy as always the case with Fedora, keep up the great work!

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/1...oot-Privileges

While I really like F12, I have not seen a ball dropped that hard for a while. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by korpenkraxar View Post
    http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/1...oot-Privileges

While I really like F12, I have not seen a ball dropped that hard for a while. Ouch!
    That's a PackageKit change, not necessarily isolated to Fedora and is a "Feature".

KMS on my 200M is simply sexy . Really good release all around.