Thread: NetworkManager 0.7.2 Released With Many Fixes

Default NetworkManager 0.7.2 Released With Many Fixes

Phoronix: NetworkManager 0.7.2 Released With Many Fixes

It has been over seven months since NetworkManager 0.7.1 saw the light of day, but now NetworkManager 0.7.2 has been released. No release announcement or change-log has yet to emerge on this latest Red Hat project release, but the FreeDesktop.org Git log shows a variety of bug-fixes going into the NetworkManager 0.7 release since 0.7.1 was made available in April...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzczMw

Great. This is a very important software in linux distributions.

oh yeah? I think it's a virus. for me, it's always in the way and the first thing I do is uninstall it

I would be more happy to read about wicd with multiply nics support

Quote Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
    oh yeah? I think it's a virus. for me, it's always in the way and the first thing I do is uninstall it

Good thing you specified "for me".

About wicd, I do agree it's a very nice tool and we could surely talk between who's better, but does it handle vpn and all the other stuff? The lack of multiple nic is also a big problem, as of now I can't say on a general configuration and usage that it's better than network manager. But if it adds such support and all the missing stuff, I would probably say the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
    ABSOLUTELY! I tried it over and over on several distros on several laptops with very little luck. I finally wrote my own script to connect (iwlist/ifconfig/iwconfig/dhclient). Then I discovered <wicd> and it became the standard for me. I'll take function over form any day.