Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD R600/700 DRM Interrupts Support Pushed

just tried the patch with .32-rc8-git2

opengl apps still complain about IRQ's not enabled,

and there is no message in dmesg about loading new fw (yes, i installed it too)

Quote Originally Posted by netkas View Post
    just tried the patch with .32-rc8-git2

opengl apps still complain about IRQ's not enabled,

and there is no message in dmesg about loading new fw (yes, i installed it too)
    Any reason you believe it to be in mainline?

It's not even in any git drm-2.6 branch. Apply it manually, wait for commiting or wait for .33-rc1.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Are these drivers in a state yet where an HD4870 would run as cool as with fglrx?
    no. There are some PM features, but no dynamic reclocking based on workload. There are some experimental patches for that, but nothing went into mainline yet.

Real dynamic PM depends on KMS/DRI to ensure that all access to the hardware goes through the kernel layers (otherwise you wouldn't have dependable metrics about GPU load), so it wasn't feasible to implement while KMS was new.

Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    no. There are some PM features, but no dynamic reclocking based on workload. There are some experimental patches for that, but nothing went into mainline yet.

Real dynamic PM depends on KMS/DRI to ensure that all access to the hardware goes through the kernel layers (otherwise you wouldn't have dependable metrics about GPU load), so it wasn't feasible to implement while KMS was new.
    You may see in patch comments I had some problems syncing with VBLANK interrupt. Now I hopefully know how to do this, so should provide new patch, almost ready to be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Zajec View Post
    Any reason you believe it to be in mainline?

It's not even in any git drm-2.6 branch. Apply it manually, wait for commiting or wait for .33-rc1.
    did u read the post ?

I applied it and compiled.

Quote Originally Posted by netkas View Post
    did u read the post ?

I applied it and compiled.
    Whoops, I'm sorry! Here you have proper part of dmesg
    Code:
    [   52.431773] [drm] Loading RV620 Microcode
    [   52.431780] platform radeon_cp.0: firmware: requesting radeon/RV620_pfp.bin
    [   52.479415] platform radeon_cp.0: firmware: requesting radeon/RV620_me.bin
    [   52.490488] platform radeon_cp.0: firmware: requesting radeon/R600_rlc.bin

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Are these drivers in a state yet where an HD4870 would run as cool as with fglrx?
    The last time I checked, voltages weren't being touched and the dynamic clocking wasn't as advanced as ATI's PowerPlay. Hopefully, we will see better power managment code when the 2.6.33 kernel's merge window opens/closes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    The last time I checked, voltages weren't being touched and the dynamic clocking wasn't as advanced as ATI's PowerPlay. Hopefully, we will see better power managment code when the 2.6.33 kernel's merge window opens/closes soon.
    like i mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the powermanagement work is dependend on the new interrupt patches.

Only kms support interrupts for r6xx+.

Heh, it was dumb error, since last time .config had radeon & drm builtin. recompiled it as moduels and all is fine now.

Compiz runs with about 0.3 fps with vblank option enabled.