View Poll Results: Do You Want Qaridium Banned?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please turn it off

13 37.14%
  • No, it's okay

13 37.14%
  • Who?

9 25.71%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban Qaridium

OSS is nice, but not the single source for drivers. Some distros are specially configured to disable binary drivers, mine is not. Also i provide a dkms script for broadcom-wl and the better known nvidia+fglrx scripts. My distro is targetet for Linux users who want to get the max out of the hardware - and that goal is only partly reachable with oss drivers.

I think we should keep Qaridarium. I believe he's a nice guy whose ramblings just have to be taken with a grain of salt. After all, he keeps some interesting discussions going. Just don't take his posts too serious and try to look for some truths between the ramblings (they are there).

On the other hand, I think its a bad idea to start topics like these. It is just naming and shaming which is a bad thing I believe. Like said before, if you have problems with a certain user, send a personal message to the forum administrators. Starting a topic is certainly not the way to go.

This thread is a shameful one.

yeah i hadn't seen this one before. danl's bigotry is breathtaking.

Can't believe this thread exists...
    Glad the poll was closed - this thread sounds like something from high school bullying.
    Much of what Qaridium says is actually a little informed, even if he does come off as hyper, which is more than can be said about many who post.

Yeah, we already said that this thread is stupid, no more need to bash the thread starter, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBrain View Post
    Yeah, we already said that this thread is stupid, no more need to bash the thread starter, is there?
    No, no, no.. Please take your hate and anger out on me. I don't care as long as I can actually read your post...

This thread is a shameful one.
    I disagree, but even if so, people bumping it long after the conversation died to express THEIR self-righteousness is hypocritical at best.

Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    No, no, no.. Please take your hate and anger out on me. I don't care as long as I can actually read your post...

I disagree, but even if so, people bumping it long after the conversation died to express THEIR self-righteousness is hypocritical at best.
    I want to introduce you to my friend 'irony'.

Really, you are talking about others being hypocritical? That is so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    I want to introduce you to my friend 'irony'.
    Really, you are talking about others being hypocritical? That is so sweet.
    I want to introduce you to my friend "reading comprehension." My last statement CAPITALIZED 'their' for a reason. Also notice that I said I disagreed with the 'thread = shameful' statement anyway.

There's a reason I put a time limit on the poll. Where are the fucking mods/admins when you need them? Since my fantasy obviously isn't going to happen, could someone please lock this?

Qaridium has gotten quite disruptive, more often than not derailing rather than adding to a thread. I don't care if he's banned though.

For sake of thread reading, is there an ignore feature on this forum?