View Poll Results: Do You Want Qaridium Banned?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please turn it off

    13 37.14%
  • No, it's okay

    13 37.14%
  • Who?

    9 25.71%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 100

Thread: Ban Qaridium

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonadow View Post
    What is NOT tolerable, on the other hand, is a mix of both combined with idiocy, stubborness, malice, inconsiderate behavior, being so full of oneself and more importantly, the belief that freedom of speech implies an entitlement to freedom to disrupt, freedom to make personal attacks, freedom to insult, freedom to slander / defame, etc etc.

    Which, as most people aptly put it, is what is known as being a complete and utter jerk / @$Sh0le.

    Which that Q person definitely is in every sense of the word.
    Thanks I needed to read an ironic post today.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangobrain View Post
    So Qaridarium should be allowed to continue insulting people, accusing them of being Nazis, whilst someone who accidentally revives an old thread should be prevented from posting for 10 days?

    *facepalm*

    Seriously, some of Q's posts in this thread are just despicable. I, for one, clicked the report link on a couple of them.
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...3D-vs-Catalyst
    Yes, and Yes.

    What part of Forum rules has he broken?

    You pasted the URL improperly, you need to paste single post URL.
    Lets just analyse Q behavoir from that thread to cut down who is trolling, no?

    First posts by Q:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    in my point of view the catalyst is just broken!

    they only get more fps speed by hurting the image quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    are you kidding? the catalyst only do have wrong colors on the "warrior" picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    reverence software renderer!
    the question is not what "looks better" the question is : what is the reverence !
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    hey I'm really sick of these driver "optimizations" cutting down the quality
    i want 100% reference software rendering quality with RS-SSAA and the maximum AF quality.
    i don't want shit on my screen.
    because of this i love the opensource drivers because they don't put shit on my screen.
    I see no problem with posts above. Comment, if different.
    Now it gets interesting, as he commented your post and you started to develop his opposite opinion into personal vendetta.
    Lets see, you answer to one guy with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by mangobrain View Post
    I think what's *actually* going here is that both r300g and r600g are rendering the bloom in the wrong place in the "Enemy" scene. It's been shunted down quite a lot, and possibly left a bit, compared to where it's supposed to be. This explains the odd pink glow on the floor, the dim wall pattern overlaid on top of the enemy, and the white glow to the side of the weapon muzzle: none of these are present in the Catalyst rendering, but the areas which *should* be bright are noticeably brighter.

    IMHO, this isn't a difference in image quality, it's just a bug in the open-source drivers. Or - possibly, but less likely - a bug in Nexuiz which does not manifest itself when using Catalyst due to differences in driver code.
    Q responds with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    ati+nvidia have a long history in cheating by closed source driver tricks.
    back in the time Quake3 comes out ati cheats 400% of speed by turning the quality to ZERO.
    nothing new here nothing special but i don't believe the open source drivers "Cheat"
    and i don't believe in magic bugs in opensource software opensource software tent to be bug free compared to the complete hopeless bugged closed source software.

    there are scientific studies about bugs in open vs closed software and all studies say the same: open software do have less bugs.

    there are not 1 single study with the result that closed software is more bugfree than open software.
    All what he says is CORRECT, because everyone knows it already started with antialiasing cheats inside windows driver and nvidia was accussed about it very long time ago; then ati did that too, so now there is no such thing as "quality picture" from home segment closed driver. Everyone knows why "consumers" buy cards from opponents - because the opponent gives better FPS for same money - and by use of cheating drivers there can be performance gains - which give that non-reference rendering.
    Q is correct.

    Now you:
    Quote Originally Posted by mangobrain View Post
    What, you think I'm trolling, or somehow implying that closed-source software is better? Oh, teh lulz

    I'm just pointing out that, in this specific scene, with these specific drivers, there appears to be a rendering issue. I'm not saying the closed-source drivers are perfect, or ever have been; all graphics card vendors have had major driver issues, and will continue to do so, purely due to the complexity of the drivers themselves, the complexity of the hardware, and the complexity of applications running on top of the drivers. However, the open-source drivers aren't perfect yet. I hope that one day they will be, but at the moment, they're not.

    Also, hinting that Nexuiz might possibly have a bug doesn't mean I'm saying it's crap. I'm a programmer by profession, I deal with a lot of bugs in code both I and others have written, day after day.

    To prove that I'm not in anyway biased against the drivers, here's a snippet of output from glxinfo on my box, which I ran just now, especially for you:

    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0

    See that? Yup, I'm using r600g as I type this.
    You start to offend Q. You. But its ok, because its personal opinion?! If you say "yes", then you contradict yourself as you should also be banned if Q gets banned. Troll calls someone troll?

    Q does not respond to your answer, another person complains that Michael should be using PNG instead of JPG, due to JPG compression possible artifacts, including on results of phoronix automatic diff-tool, and Q does a joke on his post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    Ironic: he only use jpeg because its opensource and png is bad closed source software!
    Im not native english speaker, but even I understood that it was irony and Q. knows it is opensource. Apparently you do not and you start to offend Q once again:
    Quote Originally Posted by mangobrain View Post
    lolwhut? http://www.libpng.org/

    Seriously, that's not even trolling, that's just ignorance.
    And so on.

    Well feel free to open thread to ban yourself, Mango. Or did I miss something?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Yes, I posted in an old thread. I did so as my forum search for "ignore" came up with this exact thread. I found the ignore option eventually fwiw.

    People say he's thought provoking at times (very few)? I attribute most of that sentiment to his rambling and incoherent thought processes which will surely make you think in order to decipher whatever he's trying to convey. Language barriers are one thing, crazy is another. All too often threads are becoming derailed because of his posts. Not every single thread needs the evils of Nvidia binaries beat to death, or the idiocy of those not willing to fully embrace open source. God forbid someone just use a paid for tool or binary driver to make a little scratch! (Windows/OSX/Linux) daily user here. Back to Visual Studio and Xcode!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    466

    Default Ban

    Vote to ban, though there's a notion in the back of my brain that thinks that someone has asked him to be here in order to increase clicks/activity.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54

    Default

    So I was reading that image quality thread... JPEG should be used anyway because PNG is buggy! For over 10 years it didn't work right in a widely used web browser!! PNG is obviously problematic!!!






  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Connecticut,USA
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Now what is this thread alive again? Banning Q will make this place less fun as we need someone to keep things lively.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    234

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by korrode View Post
    So I was reading that image quality thread... JPEG should be used anyway because PNG is buggy! For over 10 years it didn't work right in a widely used web browser!! PNG is obviously problematic!!!





    I see what you did here.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    261

    Default

    its true that mostly it takes 2 sides for an argumentation. yet the posts that follow the ones that have been postet are from a different league. interestingly you have just stopped quoting where it gets harsh
    there are 9 pages filled with all the information that there is something wrong with the rendering, and that closed drivers tend to cheat to get fps - yet seem to render correctly.
    Its hardly any use trying to educate someone who is probably grown up and absolutely not willing to understand - although its somehow kind and human.
    Yet there is chance he will understand that certain posts are unacceptable after a (temporary?) ban - at least from writing - he should not be banned from viewing his and others posts though.

    for how long?
    to put it his way:
    ironic: until he learns to speak/write english properly

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default


  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgui View Post
    *crap*
    ... Back to Visual Studio and Xcode!
    This was just as expected. Go troll somewhere else, microjunkie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •