Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Catalyst 9.12 For Linux Released

However, if you were hoping Catalyst 9.12 would deliver on some of your holiday wishes, guess again. There still is no pure, usable XvBA support besides using the VA-API to XvBA wrapper
    I'd say the case of them infringing on one of Epic patents is getting pretty convincing.

I have a 5750. I got the card to run three screens in DVI so I also have the Dell Active DP adapter but the Linux drivers don't support the third screen (though it does see it). I was told my ATI this is because of the Eyefinity setup under Linux but it will be working soon.

Does anyone know if I can finally run three screens properly with 9.12?? Thanks!

9.11 is working with my current setup. 2.6.30-15 works. 2.6.30-14 and 2.6.30-16 do not with Ubuntu.

Yeah... I'll keep using 9.11 because even a kernel security bugfix makes it stop working... It seems as if you need to actually use voodoo magic to make fglrx work and I sure as hell am not going to risk using the 9.12 driver. Especially if it doesn't bring anything to the table.

Hell logging in takes a few tries. I can tell by watching the bash login and counting the failed attempts at automatically launching X untill it works. I can also see some serious framebuffer wierdness every once in a while and I pray it doesn' t crash by not even moving my mouse.

As long as I don't start clicking around and throwing commands when I run nything remotely related to 3D it somehow doesn't crash. Otherwise it actually does.

God... Bridgman, I hope it's just some tiny bunch of bugs or something, some tiny misconfigured defaults, almost completely, but not fully, implemented stuff or easily fixable, that codebase of fglrx, or otherwise... yeah...

With this release glxinfo | grep OpenGL says :
    Code:
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    OpenGL version string: 3.2.9232
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.50
    OpenGL extensions:

Did they? 9.13 and 9.14 betas still have that issue (oh shit, shouldn't have written that ). The driver is being a pain right now and doesn't want to install properly, so I haven't tested it yet (the beta revision worked fine though, so I doubt there are that many last minute changes).

I think you mean 10-1 and 10-2 until you live in a parallel world with 14 month or more My guess is Xserver 1.7+ support for 10-4 not before. As this is usually created 3 month before U might get a beta Jan/Feb.

Yeah, 10 series . Anyway, the problem is still there, at least with Kwin. I don't think it will ever get resolved unfortunately. Oh well, back to radeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
    Anyway, the problem is still there, at least with Kwin.
    It works just fine with fglrx 9.11 on Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE SC 4.3.3 with desktop effects turned on. Unminimizing Firefox with a full HD flash YouTube video is unminimizing in about a qaurter of a second, on a IGP HD3300 with 128mb onboard RAM.

Whatever is causing that bug is not due to fglrx...

Weird. I'm also on Kubuntu Karmic. Minimizing/unminimizing is not bad (still clunkier than radeon). Wish they came up with a fix for this whole mess (window maximizing and resizing are painful).