Thread: Request on 3D Games, MMO & AAA Games etc

Default Request on 3D Games, MMO & AAA Games etc

Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about 3D Game programming, Audio/Sound Development, Graphics Designing MMO and AAA Gaming. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
    Aditya

I would say have a look at gamedev.net . Contains various articles and a vivid forum to ask if you have troubles. What goes though for MMO designing and AAA gaming I don't think you will find much online in any way. At last I didn't come across anything in that direction which is worthwhile. You'll have to figure that out on your own to a large degree unless you can snoop in on a real AAA developer or somebody developing an MMO.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and GamaSutra of course.

I'm pretty sure this is a spam-bot again.
    Hints:
    1. Very general topic.
    2. Very general username.
    3. No single mention of linux in a linux-forum.
    4. Much too formal sound.
    There are probably ads in the signature, which don't get shown because of the boards settings.
    Is there no captcha needed for registration? If not, I think it would be a good idea to add one. This is not the first of these bots on here.

Haven't seen anything suspicious in his profile so I don't know. Could be one could be the other :P

Default Re: Request on 3D Games, MMO & AAA Games etc

Quote Originally Posted by aditya258 View Post
    Hello, my name is Aditya Sadhula and I am working on developing and programming for games, having 2+ years experience. Now I want to learn more about 3D Game programming, Audio/Sound Development, Graphics Designing MMO and AAA Gaming. Please tell me some of the best sites I can check and especially some offline resources/trainings that can help me gain some good experience.

Thanks in advance for all you members' help in this regard.

Thanks,
    Aditya

Hello Aditya,
    I suggest u to attend www.gamedevelopersummit.com. Your doubts may clear there.
    Best of Luck

Oh god not again these conferences. They are as useful as snot on a sandwich :/

If I never see the term "AAA" used in reference to gaming, it'll be too soon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Oh god not again these conferences. They are as useful as snot on a sandwich :/
    Actually, I was thinking of a more pungent substance, but hey...whatever works...

Quote Originally Posted by Irritant View Post
    If I never see the term "AAA" used in reference to gaming, it'll be too soon
    No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    Actually, I was thinking of a more pungent substance, but hey...whatever works...
    Hm... American Pie?