Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Catalyst 9.12 Hotfix released

Show me 1 useful ticket with responses!

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    No, 8.68 is 9-12 not 10-1 which would be 8.69 and 10-2 will be 8.70. xvba is only minimally fixed, i could not crash the system with the one file it used to crash - but it does not decode it at all. all other problems like bad colors are still there. also i do not think that this is the first driver to support opengl 3.2, just the first that changes the version for the older method to show it like nvidia does. nvidia is definitely much more advanced, the only thing that nvidia is behind are dx11 capable cards. Most likely it will be cebit time when you can buy em, but then ati is out of the way completely. for video playback even the new cheap g210 would be enough.
    The fix orginal was for 10.1..... but do you trust versions numbers set by amd?
    They only chance the number 8.69 to 8.68x simpel trick to flash people like you!
    Backport the bugfixes/features was the same way.. get the sourcecode out of 10.1 and put it into an 9.12... and recompile it.--
    But... uuh wait..... if you rebuild all the cource with the 8.69 features/bufixes than you have the 10.1 driver?? LOL! thats easy!
    i look at the fglrx driver prozess over 3 years now... ther isn't any bugfix in the stable release over 3 years now! bugfixes are alwys only in the alpfa and beta drivers... in fakt... the next release are alwys the bugfix for the aktual stable release........
    9.12 is the bugfix for 9.11 and 10.1 is the bugfix for 8.12....

"all other problems like bad colors are still there."

i'm realy realy sorry abaut this but i think the FGLRX can't have some bugfixes/features.....

radeon have lagfree 3D-Desktop i think fglrx will never have this.

radeon will have complete teearing free viedeo/Desktop/Games i think FGLRX can't every do this.

radeon will have KMS flickere free boot with maximum of console features FGLRX will never ever have KMS or Flicker free boot.

fglrx can't!

FGLRX can't!!!!!!!

realy... they can't!

can not! its impossible!

But Radeon can do it!

"nvidia is definitely much more advanced,"

realy not realy!.... nvidia binäry blob will never have kms!

"but then ati is out of the way completely"

realy? why? the fermi is slower for games in shader power...

fermi also emulates the tessellation in software on the shader units!
    only amd do have fixed function pipeline for the tessellation unit.
    fermi is only a litle bit faster on caculate some double instructions for scientists!
    jo Gamer will ever never ever use this Fermi nvidia feature.

"or video playback even the new cheap g210 would be enough."

amd do have a second chance to deliver good video acceleration.

Radeon will do it be sure!

Default now i'm testing 9.12 and its still bugy!

black-skin-bug already in the driver/wine

fixme:d3dx3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory stub
    fixme:d3d:state_vertexblend_w Vertex blending enabled, but not supported by hardware
    fixme:d3d:state_zfunc D3DCMP_NOTEQUAL and D3DCMP_EQUAL do not work correctly yet
    fixme:d3dx3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory stub

Last edited by Qaridarium; 12-20-2009 at 01:29 AM.

you know, if people continue insulting the ati devs, pretty soon they're going to have one response: dilligaf.

@Qaridarium

Fermi will be definitely the first choice for LINUX users. Most likely for Win too if you have got enough money Just because of the working features - not because of features that will work in the future. I gave up the idea that xvba will be ever fixed and that gallium3d approach to simulate vdpau/vaapi or whatever using shaders will most likely not work on low end cards - and buying medium/highend cards for that is wasted money. Using oss drivers for those cards is like paying for a porsche and driving a fiat. I definitely do NOT need kms, it does not matter if it flickers when it switches from vt to X. The 2-3s delay is not optimal, but how often do you need to do that?

Perhaps wait for fermi to actually be released before touting it - especially when you're against things that "will work in the future".

Well at least i know that they exist.

sorry, but until fermi hits the shelves, it really can't be said to exist. And I get that you're an nvidia fanboy, but really, xvba hasn't been officially released by amd, so you can't complain about it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    @Qaridarium

Fermi will be definitely the first choice for LINUX users. Most likely for Win too if you have got enough money Just because of the working features - not because of features that will work in the future. I gave up the idea that xvba will be ever fixed and that gallium3d approach to simulate vdpau/vaapi or whatever using shaders will most likely not work on low end cards - and buying medium/highend cards for that is wasted money. Using oss drivers for those cards is like paying for a porsche and driving a fiat. I definitely do NOT need kms, it does not matter if it flickers when it switches from vt to X. The 2-3s delay is not optimal, but how often do you need to do that?
    "Fermi will be definitely the first choice for LINUX users."

nvidia is bankrupt before fermi hit the market!

its simpel why..... fermi needs big DIE on the Waver! its very expensive!

on games fermi is slower..... only on scientists double instruction fermi is faster in a mader of fakt fermi is not for gamerZ fermi is only for simulate Atombombs in Labors of the Scientists!!

the Fermi is also an full programmable unit there is no NO fixed function pipeline....... in games amd will be more power officiant only because of the hardware tessellation unit...

fermi also has much more Die and Transistors for the same or less thats means much more 40% more Power Consuming for the SAME!

nvidia is bankrupt before fermi hit the market!